Zippin has developed the next generation of checkout-free technology enabling retailers to quickly deploy frictionless shopping in their stores. We use AI, machine learning, and sensor fusion to create the delightful consumer experience: banishing checkout lines and self-scanners for good, and letting shoppers zip in and out with their purchases.
Founded by industry veterans from Amazon, SRI, and VMware with deep backgrounds in retail technology, AI, and computer vision, Zippin is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised venture funding from top tier VCs. We are the very first startup to launch a checkout-free store (https://www.fastcompany.com/90220566/zippin-is-first-amazon-go-rival-to-open-an-automated-checkout-store).
We are looking for ambitious, intelligent, and hard-working team players with a strong sense of ownership, to join us in shaping the future of commerce. You will own deployment and operations of systems and services across multiple areas including Deep learning, Sensor Fusion, Video encoding/decoding, and stream processing.
• Expertise in designing, deploying, and troubleshooting large scale distributed services
• Strong software engineering experience in programming languages such as C, C++, Python, and Go
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Server-less computing, and public clouds - Google Cloud, Azure, or AWS
• Good Linux system administration skills and TCP/IP network fundamentals
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience