Zippin has developed the next generation of checkout-free technology enabling retailers to quickly deploy frictionless shopping in their stores. We use AI, machine learning, and sensor fusion to create the delightful consumer experience: banishing checkout lines and self-scanners for good, and letting shoppers zip in and out with their purchases.
Founded by industry veterans from Amazon, SRI, and VMware with deep backgrounds in retail technology, AI, and computer vision, Zippin is headquartered in San Francisco and has raised venture funding from top tier VCs. We are the very first startup to launch a checkout-free store (https://www.fastcompany.com/90220566/zippin-is-first-amazon-go-rival-to-open-an-automated-checkout-store).
We are looking for ambitious, intelligent, and hard-working team players with a strong sense of ownership, to join us in shaping the future of commerce.
As Zippin's VP of Business Development, you will be creating and shaping the business development strategy for Zippin's mission of banishing the checkout line from every store. You will report directly to the CEO and be part of Zippin's senior leadership team.
- Lead the development and execution of Zippin's go-to-market strategy
- Source, cultivate and maintain relationships with key customers and partners
- Develop and prepare sales collateral for potential clients
- Negotiate contracts and shepherd them to closure
- Business model development and analysis
- Forecast, budget and manage the P&L for the Sales organization
- Work closely with the Engineering team to propel the product and technology forward by proactively capturing current and future customer requirements
- 10+ years of industry experience, with at least 5 of them in Corporate or Business Development capacity at a reputed retailer or retail technology provider
- Demonstrated experience building partnerships with Top 50 retailers at C-level
- Track record of closing deals that result in a win for both parties involved
- Deep understanding of the Retail sector, including merchandising, supply chain, real estate, and crew management
- Ability to build and lead a team, as well as work in resource-constrained environments