We’re hiring a Medical Laboratory Technician with a keen eye for accuracy!
If you already know your way around the lab to assist providers, then this might be the job for you! You will be able to support the providers with diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases by accurately testing patient specimens, correlating data and reporting results in a timely manner to support quality patient care. At ZOOM+Care, you will work with the Super medical team to optimize existing processes and create an amazing patient experience. You’ll stay on top of all needs within the Super Clinic. Our ZOOM+Care Super Clinic is the alternative to the ER!
A little about ZOOM+Care®
We care for over 200,000 people per year at our 37+ neighborhood clinics in Portland and Seattle. Our services include urgent care, primary care, specialty care, mental health, telemedicine and more. ZOOM+Care was built on our of Promise of "Twice 1/2 Ten" - twice health, half the cost, ten times the delight. ZOOM+Care has been recognized for innovative care delivery and admired for its willingness to challenge the status-quo.
- Performing and reporting laboratory tests according to instructions, documenting results and reviewing for accuracy.
- Handling biohazardous body fluids while following universal precautions.
- Recognizing patient abnormal distributions in a run as well as individual resulting abnormalities. Repeating abnormal results as required and ensuring providers are notified of critical values.
- Following all safety precautions and adhering to laboratory processes.
- Analyzing laboratory reports for accuracy.
- Following all documented protocols to ensure the accuracy of test results.
- Performing maintenance and cleaning of work spaces and instruments as required.
- Preparing various solutions such as calibrators, QC, reagents and maintaining related documentation.
- Running Quality Control tests and properly documenting results per protocol.
- Communicating with associates, providers and the help team as needed to provide outstanding patient care.
- Mentoring of ZA’s in clinical laboratory work including review of results and coaching if needed
- Completion of an approved program for Medical Laboratory Technicians
- ASCP, AMT or equivalent certification
- Working knowledge of chemistry, hematology, and immunoassay instrumentation
- Phlebotomy skills and experience are required
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience preferred
- Manual dexterity
- Exciting compensation and benefits package including Health & Wellness Benefits, 401K with employer match, Paid Time Off & Parental Leave, and additional benefits and rewards.