We’re hiring an experienced Safety Specialist to set up ZOOM+Care safety programs!
Do you know how to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, control, and eliminate hazards? Do you have five years of experience working in safety? If so, ZOOM+Care might have the perfect role for you!
We are looking for a Safety Specialist to implement, manage, and monitor safety programs, policies, and procedures. This role is responsible for preparing written reports with recommendations for corrective actions, delivering education and training solutions via multiple platforms, conducting accident investigations, and managing all aspects of occupational health and Workers’ Comp for the organization.
A little about ZOOM+Care®
We care for over 200,000 people per year at our 42+ neighborhood clinics in Portland and Seattle. Our services include urgent care, primary care, specialty care, mental health, telemedicine and more. ZOOM+Care was built on our of Promise of "Twice 1/2 Ten" - twice health, half the cost, ten times the delight. ZOOM+Care has been recognized for innovative care delivery and admired for its willingness to challenge the status-quo.
- Evaluates the organization's procedures, facilities and equipment by conducting inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to implement safeguards and solutions.
- Ensures the organization complies with all current safety regulations and that all employees are aware of safety requirements and are prepared to follow safety procedures.
- Collects data and reports on all safety and accident events.
- Implements and manages infectious and exposure control plans.
- Facilitates hazardous waste management, resource conservation, or other safety related activities.
- Interprets safety and health codes, standards, and regulations; conducting design reviews for new construction, building renovations, and new equipment/system procurements.
- Manages site environmental and sustainability programs.
- Implements and manages site emergency planning and preparedness programs and maintaining technical proficiency to provide up-to-date guidance on regulatory standards and industry best practices.
- Leads Safety Committee efforts for the organization.
- Manages occupational safety programs for the organization.
- Updates and manages all policies and safety guidebooks.
- Partners with HR to manage Workers’ Comp related issues in order to prevent incidents from occurring prior to or after a claim.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of safety experience
- Recognition as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Graduate Safety Professional (GSP), or Construction Safety & Health Technician (CHST), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), is highly preferred.
- Exciting compensation and benefits package including Health & Wellness Benefits, 401K with employer match, Paid Time Off & Parental Leave, and additional benefits and rewards.