Zibo’s vision is to enrich the lives of the independent rental property owners (landlords) by providing a radically improved experience with financial services and property insights.
Zibo sits at the intersection of fintech and proptech and is tackling a very large, but under-served market that still relies on antiquated, analog and opaque financial services. It is a digital financial services platform that provides landlords with the competitive banking, payment, lending, and insurance products they need to buy, grow, manage and sell properties. Our innovative, one-stop-shop for landlords simplifies the application process and eliminates the need to enter data more than once across products or time.
Data is at the core of our model - with insights from landlords, properties, and tenants, we create relevant offers for our customers and partners. We provide tools, benchmarking and predictive analytics on key operating and market metrics to help landlords improve their operating profit and cash flows.
By empowering independent landlords with competitive financial services and transparent information, Zibo enables them to improve returns, grow their businesses, simplify their lives and provide quality housing for millions of people.
Zibo brings together a unique team that includes some of the best real estate fintech investors in the industry (QED and Khosla) + a founding team that combines one of the world’s leading real estate tech entrepreneurs (Gregor Watson of Roofstock, Dwell and 1Sharpe), an experienced real estate investor and credit expert (Rob Bloemker of Dwell and 1Sharpe) and Chris Hsu -- a proven leader with deep experience in software, data analytics and financial services -- as the CEO.
We are looking for a software architect with deep background developing enterprise microservices architecture with progressive experience as a leader. This leader will be building an evolutionary architecture and design for constant and incremental change.
As a software architect, you have designed, built and maintained high volume, secure, mission-critical systems and have a firm grasp of cloud solutions.
What you'll do
- Help build a technology platform that enables all our product engineering teams to delivery quickly, safely, and sustainably
- Define the governance that an application/service must pass to be on the platform
- Conduct architectural evaluation, design and analysis of application architecture
- Draw on experience to lead technical design and implementation of highly scalable, resilient and secure systems
- Collaborate with senior engineers, product managers, and the business to plan and deliver solutions with optimal outcome for Zibo
- Lead a two-way conversation with Product Managers and Design to continuously improve platform (evangelize AND listen)
- Set technical vision; define & refine technical roadmap for our product delivery platform.
- Participate in proof-of-concept and technology evaluations, vet possibilities and make recommendations
- Establish reliability, monitorability, maintainability and availability objectives
- You will improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
What we’re looking for
- Technical: Strong CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. 10+ years’ full stack software experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks, 2+ years in an architect role
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with executive management, senior engineers, product managers and designers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Experienced: Background architecting real-time distributed web services, developing systems in web application frameworks and implementing highly available data storage
- Full understanding of modern architecture patterns, including microservices; how and when to apply them effectively.
- Can still be a fully productive, coding member of a product team;
- Experience designing and building orchestration layers
- Diverse background with cloud based data storage (RDBMS, NoSql, Document Store, in memory key/value, search systems)
- Experience with modern messaging & integration patterns, including relevant technologies
- Experience integrating external vendor services into the end-to-end solution
- Deep experience with agile development and continuous integration
- Relentless in keeping solutions secure.
Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision (100% coverage for the employee at a Gold PPO level) with optional 65% coverage for dependent
- Flexible vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
Zibo embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!