Zibo’s vision is to enrich the lives of the independent rental property owners (landlords) by providing a radically improved experience with financial services and property insights.
Zibo sits at the intersection of fintech and proptech and is tackling a very large, but under-served market that still relies on antiquated, analog and opaque financial services. It is a digital financial services platform that provides landlords with the competitive banking, payment, lending, and insurance products they need to buy, grow, manage and sell properties. Our innovative, one-stop-shop for landlords simplifies the application process and eliminates the need to enter data more than once across products or time.
Data is at the core of our model - with insights from landlords, properties, and tenants, we create relevant offers for our customers and partners. We provide tools, benchmarking and predictive analytics on key operating and market metrics to help landlords improve their operating profit and cash flows.
By empowering independent landlords with competitive financial services and transparent information, Zibo enables them to improve returns, grow their businesses, simplify their lives and provide quality housing for millions of people.
Zibo brings together a unique team that includes some of the best real estate fintech investors in the industry (QED and Khosla) + a founding team that combines one of the world’s leading real estate tech entrepreneurs (Gregor Watson of Roofstock, Dwell and 1Sharpe), an experienced real estate investor and credit expert (Rob Bloemker of Dwell and 1Sharpe) and Chris Hsu -- a proven leader with deep experience in software, data analytics and financial services -- as the CEO.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Zibo, you’ll be working on code from the deepest levels of our stack to very top. We are looking for a fast and eager learner to join our engineering team and lay out the early framework for the heart of our application. The ideal candidate will be a backend developer with experience working on enterprise web applications.
As Backend software engineer you will be working as part of the product team which provides a highly consistent, secure and fault-tolerant financial platform that empowers Zibo products. We handle automation of complex financial processes at scale, integrations with banks, lending and payment platforms.
What you'll do
- Design, implement, and extend core platform services and APIs to enable new products and features to be built
- Architect and build the next version of our data-processing pipeline
- Create 3rd party developer APIs and tools
- Analyze/debug performance issues across distributed services
- Plan, design, and build our core platform software and systems to scale with an increasing number of users, features, business requirements, partners, and new engineers
- Implement standards and practices to improve and maintain code quality
- Identify gaps in development and help with process improvements, suggesting tools and taking actions to prevent a repeat of similar issues
What we’re looking for
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Java, but members of our team have backgrounds in a wide range of technologies
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Experienced: Background building real-time distributed web services, developing systems in web application frameworks and implementing highly available data storage
- Previous experience with REST applications and services using open-source Java Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Data
- Previous experience with integration / orchestration like Apache Camel, Camunda, JBOSS fuse etc or any other ESB & experience in using various caching technology is a plus
Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision (100% coverage for the employee at a Gold PPO level) with optional 65% coverage for dependent
- Flexible vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
Zibo embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!