Zibo’s vision is to enrich the lives of the independent rental property owners (landlords) by providing a radically improved experience with financial services and property insights.
Zibo sits at the intersection of fintech and proptech and is tackling a very large, but under-served market that still relies on antiquated, analog and opaque financial services. It is a digital financial services platform that provides landlords with the competitive banking, payment, lending, and insurance products they need to buy, grow, manage and sell properties. Our innovative, one-stop-shop for landlords simplifies the application process and eliminates the need to enter data more than once across products or time.
Data is at the core of our model - with insights from landlords, properties, and tenants, we create relevant offers for our customers and partners. We provide tools, benchmarking and predictive analytics on key operating and market metrics to help landlords improve their operating profit and cash flows.
By empowering independent landlords with competitive financial services and transparent information, Zibo enables them to improve returns, grow their businesses, simplify their lives and provide quality housing for millions of people.
Zibo brings together a unique team that includes some of the best real estate fintech investors in the industry (QED and Khosla) + a founding team that combines one of the world’s leading real estate tech entrepreneurs (Gregor Watson of Roofstock, Dwell and 1Sharpe), an experienced real estate investor and credit expert (Rob Bloemker of Dwell and 1Sharpe) and Chris Hsu -- a proven leader with deep experience in software, data analytics and financial services -- as the CEO.
We are looking for front-end software engineer to build the future of financial services. We are looking for people who share our passion and belief that the best technology is simple, beautiful, accessible and usable. Using modern front-end technology ( React) we expect front-end engineers to fully represent users' needs through close partnership with product, design, and user research. As a front-end engineer you are expected to architect, developing and releasing user-facing features and ensure the quality of our product continues to serve the needs of millions of users.
What you'll do
- You will partner with product managers, designers, and analysts to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- You will take full ownership of engineering projects from design to implementation to deployment and maintenance
- You have experience and passion for building complex, performant, responsive, accessible and beautiful web experiences that are well-tested, documented and monitored.
- You will ensure that our development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling and direct partnership with our product platform teams
- You will work closely with customer support to respond quickly to issues for our users and solve those in a permanent and scalable way
- You will improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
What we’re looking for
- Technical: Solid CS fundamentals and fluency of a dynamically typed language. BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers and designers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Experienced: 4+ years of experience building front end applications, UI components or UI frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of react/redux or equivalent technologies.
- Proven ability to lead a small feature by themselves or with a team
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and mentor junior team members
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience collaborating with design and cross functional engineering teams
- Full web stack development experience is a plus, but not essential
Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision (100% coverage for the employee at a Gold PPO level) with optional 65% coverage for dependent
- Flexible vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
Zibo embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!