Dental & Medical Cross Billing
We are a dental healthcare tech startup based in San Francisco, CA, looking for an experienced, self-motivated, people-oriented dental administrator to join our team as a Dental Billing Coordinator. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled, proactive, energetic and motivated individual who is passionate about patient care, and is interested in growing their career beyond the dental practice setting and into the healthcare technology industry.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Utilize a variety of online tools and Patterson Dental’s new Fuse cloud based practice management system for administrative support.
- Create and send electronic and paper dental claims.
- Generate insurance aging report and follow up on unpaid claims.
- Follow-up and appeal open claims until they are resolved.
- Review EOBs and ERA to assess status of claims and post payments to practice management system.
- Liaison and correspond with dental practice partners to acquire clinical notes, narratives, and attachments for dental claims.
- Correspond with patients and insurance companies regarding benefits breakdowns and their treatment plans.
- Generate reports of progress on achieving claims or accounts payment.
- Coordinate benefits for patients based on proposed treatment plans and financing options
- Collaborate with the entire administrative team to support dental care.
- Minimum 3 cumulative years of extensive dental insurance billing experience as your primary responsibility
- Exceptional time management and self direction
- Thorough understanding of dental implant treatment process
- Exceptional skills in filing dental claims with attachments electronically
- Highly skilled at reading and understanding EOBs, and accurately posting and distributing insurance payments to patient accounts.
- Skilled at using the CDT/ADA dental coding. Familiarity with medical cross coding , diagnostic codes ICD-9 and ICD-10 a plus
- Team player mentality to work with other administrators including patient and treatment coordinators.
- Proficiency in dental software systems
- High speed Internet and a PC/Mac with a current operating system