Zello is the leading push-to-talk voice messaging app for communities, teams, and businesses worldwide. Millions of Zello users communicate in real-time over any wireless or data network to share updates, connect in emergencies, and solve problems. Founded in 2012 and recognized as one of Austin’s Best Places to Work, Zello is privately-held and profitable. Current customers include Honda, Restoration Hardware, Starwood/Marriott, Waste Management, and YRC Freight. To try Zello for free, visit zello.com/try
What we value
- We encourage and nourish proactivity and resourcefulness on our team. The Zello service and the broader ecosystem can be complex with lots of moving parts.
- We are a pretty tight-knit team and hold each other accountable. As such, you must bring a strong sense of team spirit and ownership to be successful in our group.
- Critical thinking and expressing yourself in a clear and concise manner is imperative.
- Maintain a good attitude and have a sense of humor because although we are always professional when writing to or speaking with our customers, we want you to be personable.
You should apply if:
- You have technical competence and understand networking and mobile app basics. Bonus points if you feel comfortable reviewing technical logs and looking at API documents.
- You take initiative, love to find answers to questions yourself and recognize the best resources/people to consult when you get stuck.
- You have a passion for problem-solving, curiosity and a desire to dig into root causes to troubleshoot an issue to solve a customer problem.
- You stay cool under pressure even when customers are unpleasant because sometimes we have bugs, outages and just not enough time to get through all your tasks.
- You can multitask across different customer issues while never letting quality slip.
- You pay attention to detail and make sure you respond thoroughly to customers, so please make sure you mention the color orange in your cover letter or email when applying.
- You are accustomed to working cross-functionally to solve customer problems or questions.
- You understand that running a global company may require providing customer support during non-business hours so you may need a flexible schedule.
- You are of any experience level but are motivated to learn and committed to making customers successful.
What you’ll do:
- Make customers happy by focusing on the quality and speed of your responses to support tickets.
- Answer customer inquiries, both domestically and internationally, via email and phone.
- Occasionally draft and/or edit support articles in our knowledge base.
What you can expect:
- Get properly acquainted with the Zello app and supporting services.
- Get trained on how to use our tools (i.e. Zuora, Hubspot CRM, Hubspot Tickets, ZenDesk, internal tools).
- Ability to shadow other team members to get you up to speed quickly and responding to support tickets by the end of your first week.
- Within 2-3 years, you could mature into a Customer Success Manager, if you choose. The CSM role would allow you to focus on customer onboarding, including on-site customer visits, and proactively research ways to get existing customers making better use of Zello.
- You’ll send in your resume and if we think you are a good fit, Felipe will conduct a phone interview with you.
- Should you advance to the next stage, Felipe will share a set of written interview questions to which you will have 72 hours to respond to.
- The last step would be to visit our Austin office and meet face to face with team members from across the organization (between 4-5 people from different departments).
The Customer Success Analyst role can range between $40k - $60k annually, with no more than 15% of your salary paid out as a variable dependent on performance. Zello offers great benefits including 100% employer-paid employee health insurance, 401(k) with company match and stock options available after 6 months of employment, unlimited PTO with approval from your manager, technology allowance, health club reimbursement, convenient downtown location, healthy snacks, a weekly team lunch, and periodic sabbatical leave.
Zello is a small group of professionals whose mission is to bring people together by using our voices. We believe diverse skills, abilities, viewpoints, and backgrounds make for a better product, better problem-solving and a better work environment.