With over 130M users, Zello is the most popular push-to-talk app in the world, recently reaching #1 overall in the AppStore and Google Play. Created by a small team in Austin, TX, Zello was a key communication tool for search and rescue efforts during hurricanes Harvey and Irma in 2017, and Florence in 2018. Thousands of companies including Honda, W Hotels, Cisco, Hubspot and IKEA use our business-focused Zello Work product every day.
Compensation includes equity and above market base and target. Industry-leading benefits with 100% paid health insurance, generous computing hardware allowance, health club benefits, unlimited vacation, and many more.
As an Account Executive at Zello, you will drive Zello’s future growth engine by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Zello users. You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including the CTO, CIO, and CEO. You have experience working with upper middle market and enterprise companies. You have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and can lead a complex solution sale in a highly consultative manner. You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with technical knowledge. You are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decisions. You get excited about prospecting, and are capable of independently leading a sales cycle from start to finish. Finally, you enjoy building – you like to actively participate in the development of our sales process, the articulation of our value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets.
What you’ll do
- Own a named account list and develop account plans for winning and expanding business with upper middle market and enterprise companies
- Develop outbound strategies to create and nurture opportunities
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for upper middle market and enterprise companies
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders at new and existing clients
- Work with company leaders from multiple functions (e.g., IT and Operations) to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy
What you bring
- 5-10 years of enterprise SaaS sales experience, preferably at a technology company or in the communications space, with a track record of top performance
- Experience delivering solutions for production operational environments
- An established network of relationships overlapping Zello’s target of deskless workers
- Familiarity with solution selling and the Challenger Sale
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Ability to develop and execute account plans spanning multiple business units across complex organizations
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations involving bespoke commercial agreements
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology