We’re Zego. Insurance made simpler.
Zego is empowering new enterprise with insurance solutions fit for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry whilst supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. We will be the largest and best-loved provider of insurance solutions for new enterprise and we want you on board!
We are now looking for an ambitious and diligent Operations Manager to drive the company forward and support the growth of our Spanish business. You’ll be in the heart of the action - creating and launching new products and processes by working with insurers, gig platforms and internal tech, marketing and customer service teams.
Operations is one of Zego´s core teams - responsible for the delivery of disruptive new products to market as well as the optimisation of existing ones. We constantly rethink and redesign our processes to make sure we create truly fit for purpose products that meet our customers’ increasing demand for flexibility and customisation.
We are looking for someone with incredible attention to detail ready to dive deep into a contract or policy document but also creative enough to build new products, understand market needs and manage stakeholder relationships.
It is an extremely varied and hands on role, where you will be working cross-functionally both internally across departments and externally with varied stakeholders [insurers, claims handlers, legal teams, etc.].
The role is based in Madrid and you will be working with our London HQ on a regular basis.
As an Operations Manager, the role will involve the following:
- Support on all phases of product development - from product definition through to development and launch.
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure products are fit-for purpose. This means collaborating with Tech, Pricing, Customer Experience, Compliance and more.
- Manage and negotiate with external stakeholder to develop new products.
- Optimise and improve daily operations, providing feedback loops and analysing product performance.
- Manage reporting flows.
What we are looking for:
- Adaptable self-starter with a proactive attitude, motivated by working in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Logical, structured, organised and data driven.
- A well rounded personality with strong communication skills to grow and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders while conveying information clearly.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects in a logical, structured and disciplined way and initiative to do so autonomously.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English - the official company language is English and you will have to feel comfortable communicating in both languages.
- At least 3 years of work experience.
- A competitive compensation package including options.
- Experience of working in one of the hottest Fintech startups in Europe.
- A great co-working office space located in the heart of Madrid.
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
- High-end equipment of your choice.
- A coaching / mental health program.
- Free lunch in the office every Thursday!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Zego. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.