Zego is empowering new enterprise with insurance solutions fit for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry whilst supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. Recently we closed a large series B round ($42M) from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth in new geographies and our insurance portfolio expansion.
Our mission is to become the largest and best-loved provider of innovative insurance solutions for new enterprise and we want you on board!
We are looking for a security minded Systems Engineer to join our team in London, where you will be part of the TechOps squad whose mission is to maintain and secure the systems/infrastructure on which our product operates. You will act as a systems and operations security authority and work with other systems engineers to ensure our products are secure, reliable, scalable and efficient.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
- Collaborate on engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Contribute to review/refactor of our Kubernetes cluster security model
- Be a security advocate in the business
- Develop and maintain familiarity with new tools and best practices
- Apply industry standard practices/controls in a cloud environment
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Be part of an on-call rota to respond to security and availability alerts
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in a technology led environment with lots of training and tailored career development plans.
- Great working environment in the Shoreditch Area
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Continuous learning and development: PDP framework in place for all employees
- Free team breakfasts, snacks, socials etc.
- Personal allowance for coaching/mental health and wellbeing sessions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.