Zego provides drivers with flexible, hourly insurance while they are working. We are building a modern insurance platform with which to drive innovation in the industry. We are VC backed and looking to expand our current engineering team. We’re crafting the smartest insurance company in the world and we want you on board.
We're looking for a Data Engineer to help us work across a number of initiatives increasing the level of sophistication with which we use data within Zego.
Over the next 12 months:
- You will take ownership of our reporting tools, both internal and for our partners.
- You will assist in developing and maintaining our ETL pipelines.
- You will support the development and implementation of our ML models and experiments.
- You will help evolve the architecture of our data function to support our long term vision.
- You will contribute to code reviews and team discussions.
Our platform is currently built on top of the Django web framework, hosted on AWS. our ETL pipeline is run with Airflow and piped into a Redshift database. We're looking for people with a working knowledge of Python who are comfortable modelling different datasets and writing performant SQL.
While we recognise that many applicants might not have experience with Airflow or Django, an interest in learning these, with the support of the team, is essential. We're looking for people with a commitment to building, nurturing, and iterating on an ever-evolving codebase.
We offer a number of benefits to all our employees, these include:
- Experience of working with founders from VC backed fast-growing startups.
- A great office located in Shoreditch right by Old Street Roundabout.
- High-end equipment of your choice.
- A competitive compensation package including options.
- A company funded mental health program.
- Free breakfast in the office every Friday!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.