Zego is empowering new enterprise with insurance solutions fit for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry whilst supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. We will be the largest and best-loved provider of innovative insurance solutions for new enterprise and we want you on board!
Join the InsurTech revolution and be part of the journey that will disrupt the space!
Zego is experiencing hyper-growth and looking to scale globally; we are now expanding the Team and looking for an exceptional FP&A Manager to partner with Leadership Team, Data, Pricing, Strategy, Operations, Marketing and Product.
This is a newly created position and a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a "can do" attitude eager to prove themselves in a fast-paced environment and take on wide responsibilities at one of the most interesting startups in the European scene.
You will have access to unique insights and visibility of the global business and the complex dynamics underlying all the verticals of our offering.
You will drive and support our global financial planning, forecasting, reforecasting, budgeting, reporting and analysis and will have exposure to senior stakeholders inside and outside the business (e.g. Investors).
You will be empowered to turn insights into data-driven effective strategic and tactical initiatives boosting growth and improving profitability.
You will be challenged to work in parallel on two different types of models with structurally different dynamics and unit economics: broker and insurer.
We expect you to be able to challenge the status quo and redesign the way we look at the business
Through your role, you will:
- Identify and adapt KPIs - work closely with the Data Team to continuously identify and adapt the main KPIs driving business growth and performance, set up reports and dashboards and frequently monitor all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Business modelling - build, calibrate, maintain and regularly update a thorough Financial model accounting for the complexities and the properties of different products and geographies and ensuring consistency
- Analysis - regularly assess trends, performance and complex financial information, identify areas to optimise our P&L, keep key stakeholders informed to take prompt actions and communicate recommendations
- Scenario modelling - Run scenario planning, business cases, what-if, sensitivity and risk analyses to support decision making
- Fundraising - support fundraising initiatives by working closely with senior leaders and investors and producing the material required
- Facilitating initiatives - proactively facilitate the set up of cross-functional teams to define projects and initiatives driving improvement in the business
- Shareholders relations - periodically produce a thorough and insightful month/quarter/year-end analysis packs providing commentary on variances vs. budget and forecasts to be shared with the Board. Assist the preparation of materials for Board presentations and ad-hoc projects as required
- Forecasting and Budgeting - translate business ambition into tangible business targets. Lead forecasting and budgeting activities by closely cooperating with senior leaders and vertical owners
- Automation - build reliable, intuitive and scalable solutions to continuously enhance and optimise financial processes and be eager to learn new technical skills and tools
- Qualified Accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar
- 5+ years experience in FP&A, Corporate Finance or Banking
- Advanced Excel, strong analytical and Finance background, highly experienced in modelling and analysis covering P&L, cash-flow and balance sheet in a multi-country & currency environment
- Proven highly commercial mindset to support effective prioritisation
- Exceptional communication and people skills being able to share complex concepts in a simple manner and influence both peers and business teams
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid collaboration skills and ability to build trust and confidence across the organisation
- Self-starter, curious, inquisitive, great initiative and dedication, highly motivated
- Ability to switch context without compromising the quality of your work
- Eager to develop and continuously improve
- Hungry. You truly want to revolutionise an industry that did not exhibit significant innovation in the last decades and contribute to the expansion of our geographical footprint
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Looker, Tableau Software or other data visualisation tools
- Previous experience at a fast-growing startup
- Minimum 2:1 degree from a quantitative discipline
- Competitive package
- Working at top-tier VC backed high-growth startup
- Great working environment, close to Old street
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
- Free team breakfasts, snacks, socials etc.
- Personal allowance for coaching/therapy sessions
- Be a member of a team that is building something exceptional!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Zego. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.