Technical Motor Underwriter
We're looking for a Technical Motor Underwriter excited to help build an insurance company for the 21st century. You'll have the opportunity to build and improve our Underwriting operations and shape our user experiences.
At Zego we provide drivers with flexible, hourly insurance while they are working. We are building a modern insurance platform with which to drive innovation in the industry. We are VC backed and looking to expand our current team. We are creating the most loved insurance company in the world and we want you on board.
The Technical Motor Underwriter will coordinate the development, application and control of:
- Product and policy covers,
- Technical documentation and policy wordings,
- Underwriting rules and technical processes.
They will ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and regulation, while helping create innovative, market-changing products.
- Advising the business on standard market operations for Motor products.
- Setting and monitoring Zego’s UW criteria to optimise quotability whilst minimising exposure to adverse selection,
- Making recommendations for improvements of Zego products,
- Drafting and reviewing of new and existing policy wordings, ensuring that they comply with all legal and regulatory requirements,
- Ensuring that we adhere to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly.
Skills and Experience Required:
- The jobholder should possess analytical skills with the ability to present data and a strong eye for detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Able to interpret detailed policy wordings.
- Able to explain technical issues in a clear and logical way.
- A solid understanding of underwriting principles and motor insurance is essential.
- Knowledge of the UK motor insurance market is essential
- Knowledge of European motor insurance markets would be an advantage
- Good standard of higher education or NVQ level qualification, relevant to the role.
- Previous experience in a motor underwriting environment is essential.
- Previous experience working with growing teams would be an advantage