We're looking for a Data Engineer excited to help build an insurance company for the 21st century. You'll have the opportunity to build and improve a leading-edge data analytics platform and to shape the future of what’s possible with our data.
At Zego we provide drivers with flexible, hourly insurance while they are working. We are building a modern insurance platform with which to drive innovation in the industry. We are VC backed and looking to expand our current engineering team. We’re crafting the smartest insurance company in the world and we want you on board.
Over the next 12 months:
- You will assist in developing and maintaining our ETL and ELT pipelines.
- You will support the development and implementation of our ML models and experiments.
- You will help evolve the architecture of our data function to support our long term vision.
- You will contribute to code reviews and team discussions.
- You will take ownership of our reporting tools, both internal and for our partners.
- You will help manage relationships with product teams and keep up with product data changes, plans and needs of the product teams.
- You will help own product data in "single source of truth" data platform, focusing on data structure, quality, usage and efficiency.
Our current stack is Python-based and hosted on AWS. We maintain both custom integrations (for ETL workloads) and use 3rd party tools (for ELT workloads) that are scheduled by Airflow, loaded into a Redshift cluster and modelled using Data Build Tool (DBT) and Looker (LookML). We're looking for people with a strong background in Python who are comfortable modelling data and writing performant SQL.
While we recognise that many applicants might not have experience with Airflow, Redshift, DBT or Looker, an interest in learning these, with the support of the team, is essential. We're looking for people with a commitment to building, nurturing, and iterating on an ever-evolving codebase.
As a Data Engineer at Zego you will have the opportunity to:
- Work on a large, mission-critical data platform - learn how to develop and optimize raw data structures for high load transactional systems.
- Deep-dive into new and emerging technologies - we support a modern technology stack, utilising best-in-breed tools and advanced features of PostgreSQL, Redshift, AWS as well as working closely with our wider python engineering team.
- Have a real positive impact on the company, product, users and very importantly your colleagues as well.
We offer a number of benefits to all our employees, these include:
- Experience of working with founders from VC backed fast-growing startups.
- A great office located in Shoreditch right by Old Street Roundabout.
- High-end equipment of your choice.
- A competitive compensation package including options.
- A company funded mental health program.
- Free breakfast in the office every Friday!