Motor Claims Manager (Spain)
Zego is empowering new enterprise with insurance solutions fit for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry whilst supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy.
In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. We will be the largest and best-loved provider of insurance solutions for new enterprise and we want you on board!
We are now looking for an exceptional Motor Claims Manager who is passionate about applying their claims knowledge in an InsurTech. You will be right in the heart of our claims operations, getting the best out of our claims handling partners, using your expertise to improve our underwriting, pricing and claims performance, and building processes fit for the 21st century.
This is a perfect role for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced, collaborative environment contributing to building industry leading claims solutions across different insurance products. If you are interested and would like to be considered please apply with an English version of your CV
Things you’ll be working on:
Outsourced claims handler relationship & performance management:
- Working closely with Zego claims lead and with the support of colleagues manage relationships with our outsourced claims handlers and assist in selecting new claims handling providers
- Audit and monitor handlers’ performance and push for changes that improve customer experience and better claims performance in line with company strategy and appetite
- Build relationships with claims handlers, loss adjusters, investigators, legal experts and repair networks Monitor new and developing claims to give early identification of emerging trends; assist company stakeholders in making liability and indemnity decisions; develop and implement claims strategies in order to conclude claims quickly and effectively.
- Monitor and manage claims service performance. Develop and implement operational claims processes to ensure claims are handled according to business strategy and needs. Develop key performance indicators for handler performance, implement them and monitor them
Claims reporting & analytics:
- Anticipate and forecast cash flow implications arising from claims to guide cash management, with the support of our amazing data & BI team
- Help design and build a world-class claims database to support efficient reporting and cutting-edge claims analytics
- Design and deliver user-friendly claims reports to relevant parties with the help of the data engineering team
- Ensure reporting obligations to reinsurers are fulfilled
Provide technical expertise:
- Review, assess and control all claim queries, escalations,, excess authority and delegated authority providing instructions for future claims management
- Provide expertise on loss adjusting, legal aspects and settlement
- Assess inflationary factors and trends to make recommendations to pricing and underwriting teams
- Assist in shaping the claims handling strategy and reserving philosophy
- Monitor and report on market or legislative changes and their potential impact
Customer claims experience:
- Design a world class customer claims journey
- Monitor complaints relating to claims and take steps to prevent similar situations arising again
- Ensure statutory and regulatory requirements relating to claims handling, reserving and settlement are met
- You have a claims background with solid claims handling skills; 3-5 years experience in claims adjusting or claims operations management in either claims handler, insurance company or insurance broker.
- Motor experience - particularly logistical and fraud prevention aspects. Experience with TIREA, CICOS and FIVA related processes is a bonus! You are a quick learner and self-starter with the desire to play a pivotal role in changing how claims are processed in the insurance industry
- You have great communication and stakeholder management skills. You are eager to develop strong internal and external relationships to facilitate claims projects and proper day-to-day handling of claims; strong investigation, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Spanish & English are a must. Advanced knowledge of excel, strong numerical skills and data management.
- Competitive salary package + share options
- Working at VC backed high growth startup
- Great working environment, right in the centre of Madrid
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
- Free weekly lunches and social activities
- Personal allowance for coaching/therapy sessions