Zego is empowering new enterprise with insurance solutions fit for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry whilst supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. Recently we closed a large series B round ($42M) from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth in new geographies and our insurance portfolio expansion.
We will be the largest and best-loved provider of innovative insurance solutions for new enterprise and we want you on board!
Join the InsurTech revolution and be part of the journey that will disrupt the space!
Zego is experiencing hyper-growth and looking to scale globally; we are now quickly expanding the Team and looking for an exceptional Senior Business Intelligence Analyst for our B2B products (e.g. Fleet) that combines a truly outstanding commercial mindset and a strong technical background.
You will be part of a fast-growing Team and mainly partnering with our Fleet team. Moreover, you will have frequent interaction with several other and internal stakeholders from the Leadership Team to Finance, Pricing, Strategy, Operations, Marketing and Tech/Product.
You will be among the Zegons with the deepest and most granular understanding of the business and the complex dynamics underlying B2B verticals.
Zego is a highly data-driven organisation that heavily relies on the Business Intelligence Team to have a clear understanding of the KPIs driving the performance (business assessment), have a consistent view of them (reporting) and constantly receive proactive recommendations to always do better (analysis and recommendation).
We expect you to be inquisitive, a naturally curious and passionate data champion excited by the idea to lead the disruption of an industry that has been relying on “big averages” ever since and needs to quickly adapt to changing and fast growing needs.
You love tough challenges and the scope of your project will not have any limitation.
Through your role, you will
- Identify and assess KPIs - work closely with the B2B Teams, Finance and Senior Leaders to continuously identify and assess the main KPIs driving business growth and performance
- Owning Reporting - set up and maintain reports and dashboards using various technical tools (SQL, Looker, Excel, etc.) to assess KPIs, vertical and country performance (growth and profitability), overall business trends, achievements and competitive landscape
- Automation - use suitable technology and architectures to build reliable and scalable solutions. You will promote a self-serve data culture by building user-friendly BI tools and teaching the business how to use them
- Owning B2B Data - be responsible for making data always available to internal and external stakeholders and in a digestible form. This includes designing appropriate ETL processes and partnering with the BI ETL and Data Engineering Teams to implement them
- Analysis - regularly monitor the business performance and run ad-hoc analyses to support Senior Leaders in the decision-making process
- Be obsessed with the customer - work closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Service / Success to help prioritise new products and features with the aim of constantly improving the customer experience. Your recommendations will be driven by consumer behaviour, revenue impact, ROI and market trends
- Challenge the status quo - constantly share meaningful and insightful findings that will give new perspectives and inspire your colleagues
- Recommendations - both regularly and on a one-off basis provide Senior Leaders with proactive recommendations to improve the business performance and identify growth opportunities
- Supporting modelling - partner mainly with the Finance Team and Senior Leaders to share insightful analysis and provide meaningful inputs for both forecasting and scenario modelling
- Leading data due-diligence - be the go-to person for producing the analyses periodically requested by the Board of Directors. Leading data due-diligence in the context of fundraising activities
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence or Analytics Teams
- Advanced SQL and understanding of DB architectures. You can write efficient code that will fit the needs of a significantly larger business in 3 years from now
- Advanced Excel and strong analytical background
- Knowledge of Looker, Tableau Software or other data visualisation tools
- Outstanding commercial sense and a true passion for data. You don’t just produce data. You use it and make sense of it and are able to understand problems and opportunities from a business and customer perspective
- Superlative attention to detail
- True leader. You spread the passion for data and a data-driven approach to the wide organisation
- Self-starter, curious and independent, able to effectively prioritise activities and requests
- Exceptional communication and people skills being able to share complex concepts in a simple manner and influence both peers and business teams
- Solid collaboration skills and ability to build trust and confidence across the organisation
- Ability to switch context without compromising the quality of your work
- Eager to learn and continuously improve
- Hungry. You truly want to revolutionise an industry that did not exhibit significant innovation in the last decades and contribute to the expansion of our geographical footprint
- BS/BA in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or similar
- Familiar with either Python or R
- Previous experience at a fast-growing startup
- Previous experience in InsurTech or FinTech
- Previous experience in building ETL processes
- Familiar with financial modelling
- Competitive package
- Working at top-tier VC backed high-growth startup
- Great working environment in the Shoreditch Area
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
- Free team breakfasts, snacks, socials etc.
- Personal allowance for coaching/therapy sessions
- Be a member of a team that is building something exceptional!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.