Zego is empowering new enterprise with insurance solutions fit for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry whilst supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. Recently we closed a large series B round ($42M) from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth in new geographies and our insurance portfolio expansion.
We will be the largest and best-loved provider of innovative insurance solutions for new enterprise and we want you on board!
Join the InsurTech revolution and be part of the journey that will disrupt the space!
Zego is experiencing hyper-growth and looking to scale globally; we are now quickly expanding the Team and looking for an exceptional Technical PM on a contract basis that combines a truly outstanding commercial mindset and a strong technical background.
You will be part of a fast-growing Team and will have frequent interaction with several other and internal stakeholders from the Leadership Team to Finance, Pricing, Strategy, Operations, Marketing and Tech/Product.
Zego is investing heavily in its data function and building out capabilities rapidly. As a result there are several projects underway with complex stakeholder requirements and of a highly technical nature. You will be responsible for working with stakeholders to gather and shape requirements and to turn these into specifications for the Data teams to deliver.
Through your role, you will
- Work closely with the Director of data on the execution of the data strategy.
- Take ownership of projects, responsible for stakeholder updates and a high degree of latitude to modify direction based on business requirements.
- Define requirements by diving into the detail and establishing what is required to deliver the project goals.
- Analysis - regularly monitor the project performance and run ad-hoc analyses to support Senior Leaders in the decision-making process
- Be obsessed with the customer - work closely with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Challenge the status quo - constantly share meaningful and insightful findings that will give new perspectives and inspire your colleagues
- Recommendations - both regularly and on a one-off basis provide Senior Leaders with proactive recommendations to improve the business performance and identify growth opportunities
- 5+ years of experience in PO and or PM roles.
- Can write SQL and have an understanding of DB architectures.
- Advanced Excel and strong analytical background
- Knowledge of Looker, Tableau Software or other data visualisation tools
- Outstanding commercial sense and a true passion for data. You don’t just produce data. You use it and make sense of it and are able to understand problems and opportunities from a business and customer perspective
- Superlative attention to detail
- True leader. You can organise teams to deliver and create an atmosphere of trust and collaboration.
- Self-starter, curious and independent, able to effectively prioritise activities and requests
- Exceptional communication and people skills being able to share complex concepts in a simple manner and influence both peers and business teams
- Solid collaboration skills and ability to build trust and confidence across the organisation
- Ability to switch context without compromising the quality of your work
- Eager to learn and continuously improve
- BS/BA in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or similar
- Programming experience
- Previous experience at a fast-growing startup
- Previous experience in InsurTech or FinTech
- Previous experience in building ETL processes
- Familiar with financial modelling