The world deserves better insurance.
At Zego, we’re reinventing an outdated industry and giving people the flexibility they need, allowing them to work on their own terms. Our platform provides super flexible insurance premiums, which offer workers in the gig economy the chance to work the hours they want without the pressure of having to pay for an expensive insurance premium upfront.
In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London.
Recently we closed our series B round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our insurance portfolio.
Our recent success means that we’re currently scaling rapidly and hiring people that can help us supercharge our growth, while still embodying the values that have gotten us so far already.
- Throw out the rule book to price innovative insurance products (e.g pay-as-you-go Motor), determining the launch prices and strategy for new products in the UK and European markets
- Apply more traditional techniques to assess the performance and rate adequacy of our existing products
- Create industry-leading management information with our unique data
- Shape the thinking of how telematics and data science techniques are utilised within the business
- Carry out more general business analysis, building strong relationships across the company and helping embed a data-driven culture
- Self-starting, proactive & creative. Willing to leave traditional techniques behind whilst maintaining analytical rigour
- 3 - 10+ years’ experience in a pricing or similar actuarial role including several years’ experience in Motor
- Excellent technical skills; experience in SQL and/or Python is helpful. A strong mathematical and analytical background with great attention to detail
- Great communication skills, able to build strong relationships across teams
- Experience or knowledge of 1 or more of the following markets is a bonus: France, Spain, Germany, Italy
- Get to know our customers: credit with Uber and Deliveroo
- Santander cycle keys, DriveNow credit and in-house e-scooters
- Brand new Zego wardrobe: hoodies, tees, stickers and more
- Therapy and coaching: make the most of life at Zego
- Competitive salary, pension, 25 days’ annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Free breakfast every Friday
- All the tools you need to get the job done
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.