Zego is reimagining insurance for modern businesses and the self-employed. We are building a 21st century insurance platform with which to drive innovation in the industry. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100, we were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. We’re crafting the smartest insurance company in the world and we want you on board.
We're looking for a Python/Django Engineer to help us work across a number of initiatives across platform, data, architecture and team mentoring. Our core application is built on top of the Django web framework and hosted on AWS. We typically use Python 3, Postgres, Celery, and whatever else we need to get the job done.
Over the next 12 months:
- You will have the opportunity to play a key role in developing new core insurance products.
- You will iterate on existing products to ensure we're providing the best insurance on the market.
- You will help evolve the architecture of our platform to support our long term vision.
- You will contribute to code reviews and mentoring of other engineers.
We're looking for people with a strong working knowledge of Python and a commitment to building, nurturing, and iterating on an ever-evolving codebase.
We offer a number of benefits to all our employees, these include:
- Experience of working with founders from VC backed fast-growing startups.
- A great office located in Shoreditch right by Old Street Roundabout.
- High-end equipment of your choice.
- A competitive compensation package including options.
- A company funded mental health program.
- Free breakfast in the office every Friday!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.