Zego empowers new enterprise with insurance fit for the 21st century. We cover our customers by the minute or the mile, for risks which have never existed before. People should be able to live, work and travel as they please, and we believe the price of insurance should never be a barrier. Zego means your delivery driver is covered to work, you’re protected on your ride-share home, and you’re insured from the moment you unlock an e-scooter. And we’re just getting started.
In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. But somehow, we’re not as hot as #fintech yet...
That’s why we’re looking for a bright and ambitious Communications Executive to join the team. Together with our PR & Communications Manager, you’ll be building out this function from the early stages. We expect you to progress at rocket speed - this opportunity is truly what you make of it.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, including links to (or images of) your writing samples.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering a bold and creative programme of content, including interviews, thought leadership and insightful commentary on current affairs
- Managing a prestigious programme of events and competitions to raise Zego’s profile
- Acting as the first point of contact for media enquiries and liaising with our agency partners
- Working in partnership with our PR & Communications Manager, across internal teams, with Zego’s C-suite and in support of our external stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a talented wordsmith. Your writing is technically impeccable, and you can tailor your style and tone to different audiences. Your attention to detail wows your superiors and baffles your peers
- You’re a self-starter. You’re proactive and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change. You’re extremely organised and can juggle multiple projects
- You have a commercial mindset. You understand how communications and PR fit in with wider business objectives. The words ‘paid’, ‘owned’ and ‘earned’ make sense to you. Your judgement is sound and you’re a skilled negotiator
- You’re a first-rate teammate who networks with charm and ease. You have demonstrated the ability to build great working relationships with people across cultures, styles and perspectives
- If you’re not yet an expert, you have a keen interest in learning about startups, fintech and new mobility!
- Between 1-3 years of experience in a startup, comms agency or similar
- Demonstrable success in a relevant extracurricular, perhaps editing a student newspaper or running a hectic events programme
- Degree in an essay-based subject such as Linguistics, English or Politics
- Must have writing samples
- Talent and drive to grow this startup into a global business
- Competitive salary package and share options
- Great working environment in Shoreditch (with dogs, plants and a very fancy coffee machine)
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
- Free team breakfasts, snacks and socials
- Personal allowance for coaching/therapy sessions
- Being a member of a team that is building something exceptional!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Zego. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.