Zego is empowering new business with insurance solutions for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry while supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in the Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. We will be the largest and best-loved provider of insurance solutions for new business and we want you on board!
We are now looking for an International Expansion Manager - France to play pivotal role in leading Zego's expansion in France. We have a huge opportunity there and your task is to be the person that will launch France for Zego. We are expecting you to build relationships with local partners, understand product requirements and start building our value proposition in France. You will be working closely with our Senior Leadership team in London by travelling back and forth from Paris or to Paris on regular basis.
- Strategy - Define Zego's strategy for France and the wider region
- Leadership - You are a natural leader and want to further develop in this with us
- Commercial - Full country P & L responsibility, covering revenue and cost base. You will be responsible for leading and discovering all commercial opportunities in France.
- Relationships - Manage senior relationships among key partners and stakeholders including insurers, local governing boards, and relevant suppliers and vendors
- Owning the performance - You will be accountable for the performance of France operation. Identifying and tuning the key levers for growth.
- Improving operational efficiency - We want to revolutionise and disrupt the Insurance space. You will always be aiming at improving the internal operational efficiency of your team, and share best practices with other cities
- Analysis - You will run thorough analyses to identify the best approach for new commercial opportunities or incremental improvements to our operations
- Communication - Collaborate effectively with other country GMs and core central teams to support business growth
- Industry leader/Zego Champion! - Oversee local regulatory concerns and politics concerning the gig economy. Represent Zego at local events and with local press
We’re looking for:
- Natural leader - Proven people management capabilities. You’ll know how to motivate a team and collaborate cross-functionally and across geographies
- Entrepreneurial mind - You have experience in building businesses or working on big impactful projects from scratch. Driven and ambitious
- Business Acumen - You’re sharp and precise in your decision making. Intellectually and commercially curious
- Prioritisation - You have a track record of prioritising key initiatives, driving growth and setting targets and KPIs to monitor the performance
- Positive - You are positive and proactive person who is energised by having great responsibility
- Self starter - You’re a doer as well as a thinker – you take a practical, action-orientated approach to simply getting stuff done
- Analytical - Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Problem-solver - You are able to overcome barriers and remove bottlenecks through collaboration, resourcefulness and creative approach
- Relationship expert - You’re passionate and engaging with stellar networking skills. You have the ability to create lasting partnerships and quickly gain the trust and respect of others.
- Competitive salary package + share options
- Working at VC backed high growth startup
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
- Free team breakfasts, snacks, socials etc.
- Personal allowance for coaching / therapy sessions
- Be a member of a team that is building something exceptional!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Zego. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.