Zapata Technology is seeking a Network Administrator who will be responsible for performing administration duties for networking hardware including routers, switches, hubs, gateways, access points, network interface cards, networking cables, network bridges, modems, ISDN adapters, firewalls and other related network hardware. The position is located in Colorado Springs, CO. Check out the details below and our awesome benefits here.
- Install, configure, and maintain site customer's LAN and SAN network devices
- Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks
- Extensive experience monitoring and configuration of crypto equipment; extensive crypto experience may be substituted Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve
- operating/hardware network system problems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CISCO and Juniper routers and switches Demonstrate network troubleshooting techniques and experience.
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures.
- Manage the Enterprise Network for resource availability.
- Experience with both LAN and WAN troubleshooting Experience with WAN circuit technologies (T1, DS3, OC-3, OC-12, OC-192)
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of operating systems and applications as they pertain to the network environment
- Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management resolution.
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting KG-175A and KG-175D encryptors (to include 10G encryptors)
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel
- Participates in special projects as required
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- Must have current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec+ CE, SSCP) or higher.
- DoD 8570 Compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to research and evaluate new concepts and processes to improve performance
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Ability to identify trends and drive key metrics
- Ability to make correct data-driven judgments
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task and priorities for operational deliverables
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot using Window server logs, monitoring and network analysis tools
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Community
- Past military experience desired
Bachelor’s Degree and six years of relative experience
Requires TS/SCI clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com