(more info can be found here
- Zapata Technology seeks a Program Manager (PM) to work on-site for a new program located in the Columbia, MD area. The PM must hold an active TS/SCI and have a strong ability to work as program liaison with our Government customer. He/she will oversee the overall planning, directing activities, and submission of the CASCADE toolset and all deliverables associated with our contract. Check out our awesome benefits here.
- The PM will coordinate efforts of technical developers that may not have much knowledge of military report production (you do not need to be a code writer, not at all, but your team would have code writers and they are your herd to coordinate, and some program-management 'lite' responsibilities supported by an administrative team.
- Responsible for supporting the deployment of our Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) tool in a multi-phased approach. Specifically, you will manage the organizing, developing, refining, and implementation of CASCADE.
- Responsible for managing the life cycle of complex AI/ML program
- Direct, manage, and control all Zapata project resources and assets required to deliver timely, in-scope products and/or services under the contract.
- Manage specific, strategic initiatives leveraging program management best practices
- Validate, prioritize, communicate, and track the delivery of customer requirements for AI/ML solutions. Technical team members and program oversight create the tools
- YOUR MISSION: Make sure that there is constant, documented feedback between customer and technical team so the customer is happy with the results!
- Create and maintain all program management artifacts and deliverables
- Manage project budget and cost reporting
- Coordinate strategic engagements with cross-functional teams, including subject matter experts, solutions architects, and engineers
- The PM will create individual plans and adjust work operations to meet changing program requirements using available resources with minimal impact on work quality or quantity. The PM has the final decision on procedures, mitigation, approach, analysis, etc.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
- STRONG knowledge of the reporting production process used military professionals to satisfy RFI and PIR requirements. An optimum candidate for this position would be an Army 351 Series Warrant Officer, CW3+, or close equivalent, with an affinity for technology and a desire to make the future more productive.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate cross-functional teams, government and industry, senior and operational stakeholders
- Experience in team project management, with a record of being detail-oriented, self-motivated, a constant learner, capable of enabling successful delivery of IT solutions as THE team leader
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact professionally with all program stakeholder
- Experience in operating and/or working within the DoD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies with field level experience preferred.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills include:
- Prior Military service as a Military Intelligence Professional
- Prior experience with INSCOM
- Customer facing attitude and strong project management skills
- Understanding and familiarity with Agile Development and DEVOPS
- Strong understanding of Military and IC networks
- PMP Certified
- Scrum Master Certified
- 10 years of experience required in national or theater agency-level product report writing, with 5+ years of experience in multi-team, divisional team Project Management
- Bachelor’s Degree required or 4 additional years of experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree
- The position of the program manager will have direct supervisory responsibility to manage both onsite and offsite personnel which will include multiple time zones. The PM is responsible for ensuring the scheduling, and individual performance to include semi-annual reviews.
- Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. Sedentary, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead waist level from floor), bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use; frequently fast paced environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. The person in this position frequently communicates with end-users. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Up to 25%
Requires TS/SCI clearance
***This position is contingent upon program start in 4Q 2020.***
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Zapata Technology, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation to applicants who are veterans or who have disabilities and are unable to fully use our company application system. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Christina Hall, EEO Coordinator at ChristinaHall@ZapataTechnology.com