We are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications. We are essentially building infrastructure that will become the foundation for cloud native applications over the next decade. We pride ourselves in blending hard but useful systems engineering with easy, intuitive user experiences. Do you like to be a part of a super smart team and work on a tough problems that are valuable to end users? Join us!About the Role
Our team is focused on commercializing the open source YugabyteDB
by delivering it as a self-managed private Database-as-a-Service (Yugabyte Platform
) as well as a fully-managed public cloud database (Yugabyte Cloud
). As a Senior Product Manager in the Platform & Cloud team you will be responsible for all aspects of bringing these products to market. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing team focused on delivering enterprise-grade database management solutions on top of major public clouds and Kubernetes distributions.
In this role you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the user needs, market landscape, and Yugabyte principles. Engage with key users and community members to drive roadmap
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into clear requirements for engineering
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from developers and operators
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, white-papers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 3+ years experience in public cloud or related SaaS infrastructure products and/or services; AWS and/or Google Cloud background preferred.
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing open source products preferred but not required
- BS/BA Degree required
Please note we require a writing sample for your application to be considered complete. This writing sample can be a Product Requirements Document or similar document that showcases your ability to distill complex ideas into simple items that can be delivered by another team.