At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications. We are building infrastructure that will become the foundation for building online applications over the next decade. We pride ourselves in blending hard but useful engineering solutions with easy, intuitive user experiences. Do you like to be a part of a super smart team and work on a tough problems that are valuable to end users? Join us!
We take our technical training very seriously, so this is a role with huge impact. We are looking for a senior curriculum developer to join us and create simple, educational training courses that helps our open-source users and customers succeed in building business-critical apps on top of YugabyteDB.
- Create instructor-led and online training courses for Yugabyte University that will help architects, developers and database administrators to build applications using YugabyteDB.
- Write easy and informative tutorials, how-to guides, explain the internals of complex features and comprehensive reference documentation.
- Develop technical expertise in YugabyteDB, the SQL ecosystem and cloud environments.
- Work with our engineering, support and sales teams to ensure our documentation is always accurate, easy to use and has adequate coverage.
- Propose innovative improvements to our documentation that will improve the end user experience and discoverability.
- Passion for writing accurate, clear and concise curriculum for technical users such as architects, developers, database administrators and other YugabyteDB users.
- Experience writing code samples for effective developer documentation.
- Experience with Markdown, HTML, CSS, GitHub.
- Hands-on development experience a plus.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL and its ecosystem a plus.
- Passionate about working with internal and external users to get feedback about the documentation and identify areas of improvement.