At Yugabyte, we have an ambitious vision of building a high-performance distributed SQL database that dramatically simplifies application development in cloud native environment. We are well underway in our journey with YugabyteDB, a database that that is open source, and users can interact with it using well-known APIs.
We are looking for a solutions engineer who will be responsible for helping prospects to understand, design and build reliable, scalable systems using YugabyteDB, Yugabyte Platform and Yugabyte Cloud. This role requires a mix of software architecture skills to design/implement practical solutions as well as the ability to work with developers in order to identify patterns or tools that can make building the solutions easier.
The ideal candidate would take user success seriously with respect to the software design, deployment and day 2 operations. This would involve coming up with reusable tools and libraries, building ecosystem and framework integrations, documenting how to use these clearly, etc so that proof-of-concepts can be successfully executed. You will work closely with the users, sales and engineering to identify gaps that require solutions and pass feedback to influence the roadmap where needed.
- Design, develop and implement solution architecture for software projects on top of YugabyteDB.
- Help end-users with evaluating YugabyteDB, Yugabyte Platform and Yugabyte Cloud
- Advise prospects and customers on a wide range of topics such as app architecture, deployment paradigms, ecosystem integration best practices and more in order to make optimal use of YugabyteDB.
- Work closely with our sales team to develop the requisite libraries and best-practices in order to ensure smooth and successful Proof-of-Value.
- B.A. / B.S. or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of solutions or sales engineering experience
- Working knowledge and ability to code with modern languages (e.g. Java, Python, Node.js, C/C++, Java, C#)
- Working knowledge of SQL and ability to model use cases on SQL databases
- Ability to write good technical proposals and proof-of-concept results
Nice to Haves
- Hands-on experience with modern public cloud infrastructure and other cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes and Prometheus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases