At YugaByte, we are on a mission to build an open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database for powering global, internet-scale applications.
We are looking for passionate software engineers with different levels of experience to work on the bleeding edge of building a transactional, high-performance database that can handle planet scale applications. This role would involve working on really hard problems involving areas across the open source as well as the enterprise edition of YugaByte DB. You would be interfacing with components that involve distributed systems, Raft consensus and extending it, LSM databases, a sophisticated, pluggable query compiler layer and end-user clients in a variety of languages.
- Design, develop, test, debug and maintain components of a highly scalable and resilient distributed database
- Manage one or more project priorities and deadlines
- The programming language is mainly C++, but includes other languages like Python and Java as well.
- A BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science (or a similar technical field of study)
- Software development experience.
- Willingness and ability to learn new languages and concepts.
- Working knowledge of C++.
- Experience in any of distributed systems, databases or developing large software systems a strong plus