At YugaByte, we are taking on the challenging task of building a unified database that can support both SQL and NoSQL features. The database is open source, and users can interact with it using well-known existing APIs - Cassandra Query Language (CQL), Redis and a beta version of PostgreSQL.
We are looking for passionate software engineers with different levels of experience to create a modern, sleek UI with consumer grade design that makes the YugaByte platform extremely easy to use. This involves working with the latest UI frameworks, adopting emerging UI technologies as appropriate and ensuring that the app works on a variety of devices by using a responsive design.
- Work with the extended team to understand core product features and translate them into the best possible visual and interaction design for end users
- Manage one or more project priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work across the various components in a modern web application stack
- Stay abreast of the developments in various web technologies and push for adoption as appropriate
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science (or a similar technical field of study).
- Software development experience.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Working knowledge of Java and REST API design.
- End to end ownership of designing and implementing a large feature, delivering it to end customers and maintaining it by addressing issues quickly should they arise.