Senior Software Engineer - Fuzzy
We’re a mission-driven, post-Series A stage pet health company looking for a collaborative Senior Software Engineer to work amongst a team bringing industry changing ideas to life.
At Fuzzy, we work every day to make veterinary care more accessible. Of the 200 million dogs and cats in the US, more than 100 million receive no veterinary care. Through technology and empowering the veterinary community we’re creating a different type of relationship between vets and pet parents - one that is personal, empowering, and for the long haul.
As a Fuzzy Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for working with the product and engineering teams to build and scale the first modern pet health company. Our proprietary medical record and telemedicine software is making an impact in the industry, we believe our technology will be critical to transforming it.
What you'll do
- Collaborate to build products & systems that power Fuzzy
- Work in cross-functional, agile teams
- Help grow and mentor strong engineers
- Drive standards on quality, reliability, scalability, and performance
- Own and drive forward significant parts of the system
- Build new and innovative consumer and medical software
- Build things ranging from workflows, scheduling, routing, recommendations, bots, ...
Who you are
- Smart, dependable, humble & flexible
- Depth and breadth of experience and excited to continue growing as and sharing
- Experienced with all parts of the stack: frontend, backend, data, & infrastructure
- Focused on solutions that solve business needs
- Significant experience (6+ years) and passion for building consumer software
- Must love pets!
Our Technology Stack
- 100% AWS
- Ruby 2.6.1, Rails 5.2.2, Postgresql 10.4, sidekiq
- Applications: Fuzzy Website, Kennel (admin), iOS App
- Platform: SOA, API’s, async processing system & messaging
- Looker Business Intelligence (BI)
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Our team loves working at Fuzzy because...
- Fuzzy was built by mission driven co-founders with a vision to make veterinary care more accessible.
- Our business model is incredibly sustainable and Fuzzy has thousands of members
- Venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, we have the funding to invest in fast growth
- We are a small but dynamic and passionate team based in San Francisco & New York. We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Fuzzy team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
- Your Health benefits are paid 100%
- Bring your pets to work!
- Unlimited PTO
- Located in the heard of the mission right off of BART.