Who we are
Fuzzy Pet Health is a membership-based pet health company that helps pet parents keep their pet healthy by broadening access to veterinary care.
At Fuzzy, we work every day to elevate veterinary care. We believe it shouldn’t be about episodic visits and unexpected bills any more. We’re creating a different type of relationship between vets and pet parents - one that is personal, empowering, and for the long haul.
What you'll do
Take the lead in conducting appointments
- Let us know when you’re free to work by putting your available time in Google Calendar.
- Become familiar with the needs of the pet by scanning the appointment’s calendar invite to see what medical items need to be done. For a deeper appreciation of the pet’s medical history, review their previous medical records.
- Take care of the patient’s needs.
- Create an awesome client & patient experience.
- Be an advocate for the Fuzzy membership (no sales experience required).
- Edit and add to the notes that are taken by your veterinary assistant during the appointment. Sign off when you’re satisfied.
- We will follow-up with the client on your behalf for fecal samples or other diagnostics. Our HQ Veterinarian is more than willing to let you respond to the client instead; just let us know.
Assist with client communication and be a resource for Fuzzy members.
Who you are
- Enjoy hustling and responsive to requests
- Positive attitude (smile!), with the team and especially with clients
- Confident approach to life & problem solving
- Take initiative and make suggestions for improvements - we're always working to get better
- Honest with yourself, our members, and your teammates
- Flexibility (roll with it - we're always learning and make mistakes)
- Constantly seek to improve and be deliberately developmental
- Take feedback as GOLD. It’s not criticism; it’s the fastest way we learn & improve.
Other cool stuff
We're a startup and we never want to hear people say “it is what it is.”
WRONG! It is what you MAKE it!
This is as true for your role as a vet as it is for the role of the assistant.
This being said, there are all kinds of directions you can take your passion, especially as we grow. For example:
- Event management, social engagements
- Public speaking & public relations
- Video production
- Shelter/adoption center volunteering
- Bringing new medical initiatives into the Fuzzy Program (cold laser therapy and rehab as an example.)
Although this role starts as a contractor, we strive to create full-time opportunities for those who want them.