Who we are
Fuzzy Pet Health is a membership-based pet health company that helps pet parents keep their pet healthy by broadening access to veterinary care.
At Fuzzy, we work every day to elevate veterinary care. We believe it shouldn’t be about episodic visits and unexpected bills any more. We’re creating a different type of relationship between vets and pet parents - one that is personal, empowering, and for the long haul.
What you'll do
Assist with appointments
- Assist with holding animals for examination, blood draws, and general prep during appointments (drawing up vaccines, prep for heartworm tests, etc.)
- Assist as a scribe, by capturing as much relevant medical data as possible during exams, maintain client and patient information in our medical record systems, and expedite the completion of medical notes. Ideally, the veterinarian should only need to initial the record to approve it, with your effort completing 98% of the work.
- Assist by keeping the vet on time and generally be the vet’s partner in creating awesome client & patient experiences.
- Update microchip registration information, making sure it’s accurate and up to date.
- Send an post-appointment summary sheet to the client, summarizing information that the veterinarian records in the “Assessment” and “Plan” section of the medical record.
- Send clients any needed vaccination certificates.
- Maintain the stock in the veterinary bags. Be “appointment ready.”
- Keep all medical information up to date. Acquire any follow up vaccination or medical records as needed
- Communicate client and patient needs to HQ team such as necessary medications, membership activation, and next touchpoints (boosters, follow ups)
Assist with client communication and work alongside the Member Experience team to ensure all client questions are answered.
Who you are
- Enjoy hustling and responsive to requests
- Positive attitude (smile!), with the team and especially with clients
- Confident approach to life & problem solving
- Take initiative and make suggestions for improvements - we're always working to get better
- Honest with yourself, our members, and your teammates
- Flexibility (roll with it - we're always learning and make mistakes)
- Constantly seek to improve and be deliberately developmental
- Take feedback as GOLD. It’s not criticism; it’s the fastest way we learn & improve.
Other cool stuff
We're a startup and we never want to hear people say “it is what it is.”
WRONG! It is what you MAKE it!
This is as true for your role as a vet as it is for the role of the assistant.
This being said, there are all kinds of directions you can take your passion, especially as we grow. For example:
- Event management, social engagements
- Public speaking & public relations
- Video production
- Shelter/adoption center volunteering
- Bringing new medical initiatives into the Fuzzy Program (cold laser therapy and rehab as an example.)
Although this role starts as a contractor, we strive to create full-time opportunities for those who want them.