Who we are
Fuzzy Pet Health is a membership-based pet health company that helps pet parents keep their pet healthy by broadening access to veterinary care.
At Fuzzy, we work every day to elevate veterinary care. We believe it shouldn’t be about episodic visits and unexpected bills any more. We’re creating a different type of relationship between vets and pet parents - one that is personal, empowering, and for the long haul.
The Platform Engineer will work closely with the engineering, product & operations teams to build robust systems to service our members and our teams. The Fuzzy team has high standards and is constantly striving to get better.
As a Platform Engineer you'll be working on the core of the company’s systems, solving key challenges with logistics and data. The Platform Engineer should have a love for engineering and design and continually be thinking about how to get better.
What you'll do
- Work with the engineering & product teams to build products & systems to make our business work - everything from scheduling & routing to data and recommendations
- Build our architecture. You have opinions on software systems and knowledge of the principles of fault-tolerance & reliability.
- Experiment with new technologies and be an advocate for advancing our engineering standards
Who you are
- Effortlessly break down requirements into architecture and deliver code while not losing sight of operational issues
- Detail oriented (and passionate about making it perfect) but not losing the forest in the trees
- Significant experience (3+ years) building
- Strong computer science fundamentals (CS degree or equivalent)
- Ability to unpack complex business problems and help the team solve them
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL)
- Experience with postgres and node