Hello there new friend,
I'll begin by telling you a short tale of how we've come to want you to join our business, you special account management/ marketing unicorn hybrid!
Over the last five years we've designed and delivered a fair few strategies for SaaS businesses in a bind. In the trenches, we've learned a thing or two about the soft and hard skills required to build a great marketing team to support these customers, have a little fun and kick some serious goals - You & Co style.
- You need marketing chops and most of all you need to love getting in the numbers. Data analysis isn't reserved for a data scientist at You & Co.
- Value business first, marketing second. To truly design great marketing you must understand the audience and the business model like the back of your hand
- We run fast, together. All team members get on tools at times to both stay up to date and appreciate the effort that goes into building great marketing and process.
- Finally and most importantly, you need to be a people pleasing customer centric type. The customer and their problems are why we exist. Understanding what makes them tick and being able to communicate effectively is a non negotiable.
Keeping what makes a good team mate
in mind, let's take a walk through the role for the Growth Specialist at The Co.
The role centres around three areas:
- Growth Marketing supported by Specialists
- Campaign Management supported by a Producer
- Customer Experience supported by a Customer Success Manager
Across these three areas you have the support of your teammates; though you are the frontline and the driving force to help the customer achieve their goals. The best part, you get the chance to partner and support from start to finish.
What will help you succeed?
- Marketer first, Customer champion closely behind
- Loves dashboards and tech
- Excited by working with various stage SaaS businesses
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Experience running campaigns
- Can write a bloody good brief
- Process driven and able to prioritise and compartmentalise workload
- Commercially minded
A day in the life
As Growth Specialist, you'll support a small family of SaaS customers in designing and executing technical inbound marketing. Each and every 30 days, you'll collaborate with your customers and your team at Y&C to deliver an ROI driven set of deliverables. You'll challenge the why to drive stronger growth for your customers and always be looking to uncover short and long term wins via acquisition, monetisation and retention tactics.
Some tasks include:
- Assist your team to develop, implement, optimise and report on campaigns.
- Jump into dashboards and make edits and updates when required
- Be the conduit between the team and point of contact on the customer side.
- Build strong relationships with your customers.
- Turn customer goals, needs, requirements and requests into thorough customer briefs.
- Hold a weekly customer WIP to keep things on track and make recommendations based on reports / strategy.
- Update customer timelines via awareness of deliverables each month
- Reverse brief customers in written work for sign off.
So if you're entertaining a shift to your role and thinking: "I love marketing but prefer to be more hands on with the customer" or "I'm spending time in dashboards with my customers and would love to use more of my marketing skills" this is the perfect hybrid role for you! Go ahead and apply now - we're waiting for you!