Over the last five years we've designed and delivered a fair few strategies for SaaS businesses in a bind. In the trenches, we've learned a thing or two about the soft and hard skills required to build a great marketing team to support these customers, have a little fun and kick some serious goals - You & Co style.
- You need marketing chops to understand the value and complexity of what you are delivering.
- We run faster together. All team members get on tools at times to both stay up to date and appreciate the effort that goes into building great marketing and process.
- Finally and most importantly, you need to be a people pleasing customer focused type. The customer and their problems are why we exist. Understanding what makes them tick and being able to communicate effectively is a non negotiable.
Keeping what makes a good teammate in mind, let's take a walk through the role for a Product Marketing Manager at The Co.
The Product Marketing Manager's primary responsibility is to understand wholly the lifecycle of our customer's customer/s, strategise, implement with your team and report on the outcomes of these strategies and strategise again. Building impact focused collateral across technologies for the best possible experience for the end user.
- Run marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives end-to-end: you will design experiments, develop campaign strategy, and drive execution of the campaign through to completion
- Investigate and test new channels to communicate with the existing audience and customers
- Measure the impact of each campaign and develop ways to scale
A successful applicant for this role will be qualified and have tactical experience in Google Analytics, marketing automation tools, email marketing and fully understand the smarketing funnel for SaaS.
On your first day we’d expect you to be able to:
- Get on tools in Google Analytics - pull it apart and build it back up
- Use a creative approach to problem solving with an energetic and willing attitude
- Think strategically and develop comprehensive, data-driven marketing plans
- Analyse a marketing funnel - identify and size different growth opportunities and the various ways to meet them
- Have exceptional attention to detail including QA process pre delivery to customer
- Work cross-functionally with creatives, engineers, analysts and product managers
What will help you succeed:
- Solutions focused attitude to problem solving.
- Growth mindset - ready to break things, develop new ones and scrape your knees when you have to
- Responsible to workload, contribution and outcome of personal efforts
- Tech natural who loves to get on tools, learn and tinker with new dashboards
- Will suit an autonomous worker who wants a team around them, but works independently 70% of the time
- You’ll enjoy assembling the puzzle pieces to something ready for delivery thats easily explained.
- Enjoys team life and buys in on the team personally. We really are a marketing ‘family’
- You’re honest about what you don’t know, but want to
- Likes working in a diverse small team, on projects with quirks for passionate clients
Life at You & Co
You & Co are a 5 years young marketing agency operating out of both Sydney and Brisbane. With customers all along the Eastern seaboard (and a few offshore) we support SaaS teams looking to improve their acquisition, monetisation and retention and often wander into Marketing Ops, Tech stack suggestions and are heavily focused on getting the web asset right first. With a team pumped to continually learn, we collaborate well to provide commercially minded solutions that really assist in the growth and foundation of our SaaS customers.
Our company culture is built on our individuals - not ping pong tables and beer taps. We expect each person on the team to be responsible to their workload, and always improving their craft - and sharing what the learn! There’s a hunger in our group to be the best, and not for awards, but for the humble self gratitude it brings with it. We do have lunch together occasionally, there’s a bit of travel on occasion between offices across all team members to build relationships amongst the broader team and the focus is on providing the flexibility to support you in doing your best work happily.
- Flexible work arrangements - can offer work from home balance within office hours
- Learning budget allocated
- BNE CBD office location close to child care and public transport, walking distance to Queen St Mall, Bars, Gyms and the Botanical Gardens.
- Brand new office space with full kitchen, end of trip facilities (including towels), free coffee and a variety of places to work.
- Friendly and invested team with great customers
Best of luck!