Over the last five years we've designed and delivered a fair few strategies for SaaS businesses in a bind. In the trenches, we've learned a thing or two about the soft and hard skills required to build a great marketing team to support these customers, have a little fun and kick some serious goals - You & Co style.
- You need marketing chops to understand the value and complexity of what you are delivering.
- We run fast, together. All team members get on tools at times to both stay up to date and appreciate the effort that goes into building great marketing and process.
- Finally and most importantly, you need to be a people pleasing customer focused type. The customer and their problems are why we exist. Understanding what makes them tick and being able to communicate effectively is a non negotiable.
Keeping what makes a good team mate in mind, let's take a walk through the role for the Digital Producer at The Co.
The digital producer’s primary responsibility is to coordinate and consolidate the creative and analytical work of the team to provide results that satisfy the customer. As the primary point of contact between the account manager (Growth Specialist) and the team, the producer serves as the primary coordinator and communicator of any digitally-based project. You collaborate with multiple team members across boundaries of both creative and technical capabilities and function to provide a steady flow of productivity through out the delivery process.
The producer provides umbrella perspective to a common goal while increasing knowledge, communication, and awareness between team members and the client -which when done well eliminates obstacles and maintains a realistic view of complex digital initiatives. Keeping all projects going with buy in from internal stakeholders and
A successful producer will oversee the progress, the quality, and the quantity of digital media created by multiple designers in a team.
On your first day we’d expect you to be able to:
- Run projects that span the web and digital marketing space (bonus if you’re from agency or client side working with SaaS businesses)
- Have a solid understanding of UX, web development, marketing automation, CMS, CRM, SEO, and analytics.
- Know the big picture goal, and see how these skills work together to achieve it.
- Enjoy bringing the team together to get buy in on the project delivery and expectation - via written and verbal communications
- Be a pro at documentation and scoping in line with technical requirements
- Report on the delivery of a project at key benchmarks confidently, in line with budget and resourcing expectations
- Know what tools you need to be effective - and can assist in implementing process driven updates to existing systems.
- Be able to manage the workload capacity of the team
- Solve problems creatively
- Have exceptional attention to detail, including QA process pre delivery to customer
What will help you succeed:
- Solutions focused attitude to problem solving.
- Great personal time management skills
- Growth mindset - ready to break things, develop new ones and scrape your knees when you have to
- Responsible to workload, contribution and outcome of personal efforts.
- Will suit an autonomous worker who wants a team around them, but works independently 70% of the time.
- You’ll enjoy assembling the puzzle pieces to something ready for delivery.
- Enjoys team life and buys in on the team personally. We really are a marketing ‘family’
- You’re honest about what you don’t know, but want to.
- Likes working in a diverse small team, on projects with quirks for passionate clients
Life at You & Co
You & Co are a 5 years young marketing agency operating out of both Sydney and Brisbane. With customers all along the Eastern Seaboard, we support SaaS teams looking to improve their acquisition, monetisation and retention and often wander into Marketing Ops, Tech stack suggestions and are heavily focused on getting the web asset right first! With a team pumped to continually learn, we collaborate well to provide commercially minded solutions that really assist in the growth and foundation of our SaaS customers.
Our company culture is built on our individuals - not ping pong tables and beer taps. We expect each person on the team to be responsible to their workload, and always improving their craft - and sharing what the learn! There’s a hunger in our group to be the best, and not for awards, but for the humble self gratitude it brings with it. We do have lunch together occasionally, there’s a bit of travel on occasion between offices across all team members to build relationships amongst the broader team and the focus is on providing the flexibility to support you in doing your best work happily.
- Flexible work arrangements - can offer work from home balance with in office hours
- Learning budget allocated
- BNE CBD office location close to child care and public transport, walking distance to Queen St Mall, Bars, Gyms and the Botanical Gardens.
- Brand new office space with full kitchen, end of trip facilities (including towels), free coffee and a variety of places to work.
- Friendly and invested team with great clients
- MacBook and Monitor
Best of luck!