Glo is on a mission to create intelligent tools that challenge people to live a fulfilling life. To accomplish that mission, we are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to build and maintain features on our web application, api, and backend tooling.
You will be responsible for:
- Building services and features of all sizes, ranging from microservices built from scratch/boilerplate, to contributing to larger APIs, to building front end features for our users.
- Researching available frameworks, tooling or libraries to find a best fit for a given project
- All stages of feature development, including:
- Using business rules to help flesh out requirements (and knowing which questions to ask to arrive at the right requirements!)
- Using requirements to recommend the appropriate system architecture for the service and/or feature
- Breaking out a system design into practical tasks
- Coding, test writing, documentation, peer review, QA and deployment!
- Being a resource to other less experienced engineers, and or engineers from other teams
What you'll bring to Glo:
- Over 4 years of experience designing, building and maintaining software
- Exceptional programming experience in at least one of the following libraries/runtimes: Express.js, Node.js, Ember.js
- The ability to work autonomously, while also helping to mentor junior developers on the team
- Confidence to make educated decisions that influence the architecture of our applications
- Attention to detail and an eye for design
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
You Have Experience With:
- Object-oriented programming
- CSS pre-compilers (we use SASS)
- Responsive development
- HTML templating languages
- Test-driven development
- Writing documentation
It would be a plus to have experience with:
- The JSON API specification
- Machine learning
- Open source projects
- Feature-flag development
- Serverless design
- Experience with Ember Fastboot & Ember acceptance tests
What We Use:
- Ember.js & Ember Data
- Express.js & Node.js
- ECMAScript 6
- SASS, CSS3 & BEM syntax
- Handlebars, HTMLBars & HTML5
- Mocha.js, QUnit, E2E Testing
- Agile methodologies
Glo is an online yoga and meditation platform that features thousands of professionally-filmed yoga, meditation, and lecture classes.
Based in Santa Monica, CA, Glo was founded in 2008 by brothers Derik and Ryan Mills on a quest to make yoga accessible for as many people as possible. Over the past decade, Glo has grown organically thanks to our passionate members and world-class teacher community.
Our office is open, inviting, dog-friendly. We offer great benefits, a generous time off policy, and daily yoga or meditation breaks. You'll be joining a team of people who are passionate about what they do and how Glo can impact the lives of its users.
At Glo, we see yoga as the acceptance of the invitation to live fully—a lifelong process that begins as soon as we recognize that we all share the same human condition. Our intention is to empower people from all around the world to engage with yoga, a practice that goes far beyond physical movement on a mat.