YieldStreet is on a mission to change the way wealth is created. We are disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $62M in Series B financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join the startup that is disrupting a the $40T credit market industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to empower all investors to build their own wealth regardless of their starting net worth. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market and generate passive income.YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine Finance, Legal Finance & Commercial loans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the Role
Our Investment Team is looking for an Operations Associate to help manage our high growth organization. You will be responsible for tasks essential to maintaining the operational excellence of YieldStreet's investment process including; maintaining banking operations, build best practices and tools for servicing and monitoring investments, and resolving complex investor inquiries. If you are looking to transition out of a bank or fund and join New York's fastest growing start-up, apply now.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of investments spanning multiple asset classes
- Develop tools and templates for servicing and monitoring of investments
- Facilitate the collection of data and information on current investments; review weekly, monthly, quarterly and as necessary
- Prepare quarterly investor updates and liaise with the Originators and Investor Relations team to obtain and share investment information
- Responsible for the distribution of incoming interest and principal payments to investors; managing inflows and outflows of more than $4MM weekly
- Manage the draw on and payment of our $100MM warehouse facility
- Interact with General Counsel to prepare the required legal documentation for deal transactions
- Gather and track inflows and outflows of cash from our SPV and relay the information to our VP of Finance
- Identify and resolve complex client issues and concerns surrounding payments, interest calculation method, and payment processing
- Assist in tasks across functions including; origination, underwriting, structuring, operations, technology and marketing
- Troubleshoot complex investor onboarding issues surrounding KYC and Account Verification
- 2+ years experience in banking operations
- Basic understanding of loan documentation
- Understanding of the lifecycle of Special Purpose Vehicles
- Experience with money movement policies and procedures
- At least 1 year of client facing experience desired
- Excellent Excel skills
- BA in Finance or Economics desired
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskeys at the company bar.
We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!