YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market and generate passive income.YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine Finance, Legal Finance & Commercial loans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina and Greece.
YieldStreet is company is backed with $278M in equity and debt capital from firms including Edison Partners, Greycroft, & Raine Ventures. We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the Role
Do you want to amongst the first to deliver an alternative investments platform with nods from Forbes and Nasdaq? Are problems in global multi-region architectures, event sourced distributed systems, and stream processing sound like challenges you want to work on? How about helping build the team you've always wanted to work with?
YieldStreet was founded to be the financial distribution channel for every investment yield by democratizing investments that have been historically unavailable to the retail market. With that in mind, availability and resiliency to failure of our platform is integral to our future successes. The Site Reliability Engineer position requires experience architecting and maintaining robust web applications and distributed systems in a cloud native environment. This role reports right into the Head of Infrastructure.
A day in the life...
- Automate processes whenever possible, using whichever tools are best for the job
- Monitor and manage our production and development environments built with Kubernetes in AWS
- Designing and implementing a security-first AWS environment
- Working with Engineering to perform capacity planning, analysis, implementation and testing of the platform
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members on technologies and processes; drive education and knowledge transfer of design patterns, technical practices, and relevant technologies and tools
- Participate in our on-call rotation, and engender an ever-healthier on-call practice
- You’re experienced with AWS or another cloud provider, and have solid Linux fundamentals
- Understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnets)
- Experience (and love) for debugging to ensure the system works in all cases
- You are familiar with containerized application design, deployment, and management using ECS or Kubernetes
- Practical experience managing databases or search engines such as MySQL, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and Cassandra
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Deep knowledge in finance and investing
- Experience with distributed data processing system (Akka, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Hadoop, and others)
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskeys at the company bar.
We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!