YieldStreet is on a mission to change the way wealth is created. We are disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $62M in Series B financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join the startup that is disrupting a the $40T credit market industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to empower all investors to build their own wealth regardless of their starting net worth. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market and generate passive income.YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine Finance, Legal Finance & Commercial loans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the Role
YieldStreet is hiring a talented and dedicated Director of Recruitment who will be responsible for leading and supporting company-wide recruitment initiatives. You will manage a team of recruiters and be responsible for the cross-department hiring roadmap and pipeline.
The ideal candidate has “a no task too small” mentality and will not be afraid to roll up their sleeves to source, screen, and interview for any and all positions.The Director of Recruitment will bring creativity to sourcing and screening candidates. As the Director of Recruitment and the face of YieldStreet Careers, you will be our brand ambassador. This is a great opportunity to make an impact on a scaling, exciting fintech startup.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of recruiters to build out and execute on our company-wide hiring plan
- Develop and implement YieldStreet’s end-to-end recruitment strategy and process
- Guide hiring managers and teams through effective hiring, interviewing and sourcing best practices
- Build competitive recruiting and candidate experience practices that will enable YieldStreet to attract the best talent
- Work with Management and Head of HR to develop a comprehensive and competitive comp program for each department
- Create recruiting systems and operational best practices across direct reports
- Develop and implement a diversity and inclusion hiring policy across all departments
- Review all recruiter reports which will measure talent pipelines and increase overall performance
- Manage requisitions for executive level searches across business units
- Partner with HR to continually develop new hire orientations and organizational development plans
- Source, screen and close talent, ensuring each step of the process is positive and seamless for candidates
- Bachelor's Degree from a top tier university
- 10-12 years of recruitment experience, ideally in a rapidly growing start-up
- 5+ years of people and team management experience
- Ability to understand the market and establish competitive compensation levels and benefits packages
- Knowledgeable of employment laws and compliance requirements
- Ability to understand YieldStreet’s culture and determine each candidates culture add
- Deep understanding and ability to use data to drive performance, find efficiencies and diagnose issues within the recruiting process
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskeys at the company bar.
We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!