YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market and generate passive income.YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine Finance, Legal Finance & Commercial loans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina and Greece.
YieldStreet is company is backed with $278M in equity and debt capital from firms including Edison Partners, Greycroft, & Raine Ventures. We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the Role
Are you tired of working in a legal practice and looking to transition in to one of NYC's fastest scaling start-ups? YieldStreet is hiring an in-house Corporate Counsel that has strong experience in Capital Markets / Securities Law and Finance. This role will report to our General Counsel. The candidate will work closely with the General Counsel on new capital market and securities law products to be offered to investors, as well as with the Investment and Origination teams processing newly originated and launching deals. We expect you to live and breathe alternative investments, securities offerings, credit-based transactions, credit risk and compliance. If this sounds like you, read on...
What you will do
- Work on new private and public securities offerings
- Manage issues relating to existing and new private and public securities offerings
- Negotiate and manage participation, asset purchase, credit agreements, operating agreements, and loan facility documentation in the context of an alternative investment crowdfunding platform
- Work on closing deals in asset classes spanning among others; real estate, marine finance, merchant cash advances and litigation finance
- Work with the General Counsel on strategic legal projects and facilitate going to market
- Negotiate vendor contracts, contractor agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Research miscellaneous esoteric issues relating to Securities Act of 1933, Investment Company Act, Advisors Act and Exchange Act
- J.D. in Law from top-tier establishment
- 7-10 years legal practice in Law Firm and/or in-house experience
- Expertise in Securities Law / Capital Markets and Finance (Specialty Finance/Structured Finance)
- Must be experienced in securities law; '33, '34 and '40 Acts
- Must have strong transactional expertise
- You are a strong communicator, exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- You can manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, shine under pressure, and can work independently
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskeys at the company bar.
We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!