YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market and generate passive income.YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine Finance, Legal Finance & Commercial loans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the role
YieldStreet is looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer with a strong sense of enthusiasm, and meticulous and wildly creative aesthetic. You are a team player with a high level of dedication and an infectious, positive personality who is experienced in designing complex UX/UI solutions to meet customer needs and constantly push creative boundaries.
There’s no shortage of ideas under our roof, so your ability to help us meet our business goals in the face of infinite creative opportunity is what matters most. In order to be successful in this role you will be extremely creative, quick thinking, and resourceful, with high attention to detail and ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. If this sounds like you, join us!
What you will do
- Translate complex business ideas, needs and goals into simple, beautiful user-friendly UI solutions
- Investigate, and lead user research strategies and exercises to develop concise user personas
- Test, improve and optimize UI and UX for existing features and products
- Act as a mentor and support system to a team of 3 designers
- Develop wireframes and designs for product (across platforms), our mobile app, website, landing pages, emails, and infographics with reason for doing so
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Growth Teams regularly to ensure business and user goals are met
- Manage, track and QA projects from conception to delivery with the Dev Team with a proactive and collaborative attitude
- Bring our story to life with beautiful visuals that fully convey our brand and mission
- 4-6 years professional experience designing complex consumer based UI solutions
- Expert knowledge in UX
- Demonstrated experience working with product managers and software engineers in an agile environment
- Ability to work quickly and meticulously
- An insatiable desire to challenge oneself while having a restless, creative mind
- B2C background is a plus
- Digital portfolio of unique work, showcasing experience designing superior creative that met its business objectives a must
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskeys at the company bar.
We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!