YieldStreet is on a mission to change the way wealth is created. We are disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $62M in Series B financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join the startup that is disrupting a the $40T credit market industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to empower all investors to build their own wealth regardless of their starting net worth. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market and generate passive income.YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine Finance, Legal Finance & Commercial loans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the role
About the role
YieldStreet is hiring a Paralegal to assist cross functionally with our Legal and Operations teams. You will be focused on maintaining and creating confidential documents, records and filings for a multitude of YieldStreet entities. This role will report to the General Counsel. You will be at the epicenter of the organization, ensuring that all investment filings are completed in a timely manner to ensure that we are in compliance with state and federal securities laws. If you are looking to take your corporate experience and make an impact with a high growth fintech start-up, apply below.
What you’ll do
- Prepare necessary legal documents for investment funding and transactional closings
- Provide significant support in connection with investment fund and transactional closings, including obtaining signatures from the appropriate parties and updating files and closing sets
- Establish and maintain a database for corporate records, company policies, procedures and legal document filings including: EDGAR filings, Form D filings, UCC1s and UCC3s
- Collect information necessary to form entities (including all SPVs), apply for relevant EINs and EDGAR codes, draft and file required formation and governance documents and structure charts and maintain up-to-date records in an entity database
- Partner with Legal and Operations team to assist with contracts management system
- Gather documentation and review invoices for the Operations team and respond to outside parties and other requests
- Maintain and refine company business processes
- Compile closing binders for documents and maintain records
- Assist with the creation and negotiation of confidentiality agreements
- Assist with know-your-customer and other similar informational reviews and requests
- Draft consents, resolutions and tend to various corporate housekeeping matters
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- 4 plus years of corporate experience with an understanding of investment fund and asset level structures
- Experience at a law firm or a corporate legal department is required
- Each candidate must be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with computerized databases and on-line services
- Excellent verbal, written, problem solving and organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and proactively as well as part of a team
- A strong work ethic
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint), Workshare and Adobe
- Notary preferred or willingness to obtain
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskeys at the company bar.
We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!