YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market and generate passive income.YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine Finance, Legal Finance & Commercial loans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina and Greece.
YieldStreet is company is backed with $278M in equity and debt capital from firms including Edison Partners, Greycroft, & Raine Ventures. We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the Role
Our Investment Team is looking for a dynamic, thoughtful and team oriented credit professional to bring our investment portfolio to the next level. The Associate / Sr. Associate will report to the MD of Origination and will be an integral part to the growth of YieldStreet's ABL platform. In this role, you will be responsible for the screening and underwriting process from diligence and modeling through presenting for approval, documentation, and final closing. The Associate / Sr. Associate will bring an investor focused approach to the management, monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of Asset Backed Transactions. We have deployed close to $500M to-date across all asset classes and are looking to grow to $1.0B plus per year.
- Collection and analysis of Originator and Credit Opportunity information to determine credit worthiness in accordance with underwriting guidelines
- Develop financial models and other Excel based tools to assess the Credit Opportunity related to risk
- Articulate financial concepts and information pertaining to Credit Opportunities through a written memorandum for internal and external audiences
- Accurately collect and organize Originator and Credit Opportunity pipeline information for weekly team meetings
- Develop financial models to monitor the performance of portfolio investments and provide quarterly updates
- Assist in tasks across functions including: origination, underwriting, structuring, portfolio management, operations, technology and marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-8 years of experience in asset-backed credit or specialty finance / lender finance transactions
- Experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling or financial valuation; preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance or assessing risk exposure
- Ability to articulate financial concepts and information in both verbal and written forms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment spanning multiple disciplines
- Completion of a Bank Credit Analyst or an Asset Securitization Rating Agency training program
- Familiarity with Salesforce
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskeys at the company bar.
We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!