Engineering | Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to help turn our vision and ideas to reality, working from the beginning to the end of product building, from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations on microinteractions. We believe in a high Designer to Engineer ratio, therefore we aim to have at least one Designer for each cross-functional team.
Yieldr is a user led company and an empowering place for designers to work. You’ll join the Yieldr Air team, working together with Software Engineers, Product Owner and stakeholders to transform requirements into creative solutions that delight our users. Along with your fellow Designers, you form a community and frequently discuss about the company’s design challenges and design philosophy as a whole.
Come join us and help shape our products.
Product Designers at Yieldr:
- Have the desire to start with pen and paper instead of a mouse/stylus
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that for new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realize them
- Work with Product Managers and Engineers to grow concepts through design exploration, ideation, iteration and user validation
- Turn designs into rapid prototypes using tools like Marvel and InVision
- Present design solutions to stakeholders and company executives, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
- Understand the technical constraints of his/her designs, and is able to work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Are thorough down to the last detail
- Are able to see the big picture
- Write about, present, and share what they have learned, both internally and with the wider community via our blog and Dribbble page
We’re Looking for Someone Who:
- Has at least 1-2 years experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products
- Has experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone
- Has experience with the entire product development process, from problem solving to detailed UI and visual design (preferably in Sketch)
- Has a strong command of interaction design, visual design and information architecture with a mind for simplicity of design
- Is an excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Is ego-free, thick-skinned who owns the success or failure of his/her design work
- Is an excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers
- Speaks and writes English fluently
- Holds a university or college degree (B.A. or similar)
- Experience with Sketch
- Good dose of humor
Nice to Haves (Not Required):
- Experience with Marvel and/or InVision
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 paid holidays
- Opportunity to work on fun, engaging and industry-defining projects
- An amazing team that has strong passion for design
- Personal responsibility and accountability
- Personal development funds
- Diverse, international workforce in a family-style atmosphere
- The best gear and some sweet apparel
- Warm catered lunch
- Holistic wellness massage every two weeks
- Good dose of humor
Whether it’s helping companies reach the right consumers to sell their products or guiding an airline to fill empty seats, it’s in our DNA to liberate businesses from traditional, inefficient processes.
We believe five things to be true:
- Relevant communication to end customers is currently being executed poorly
- Brands should be liberated from inefficient/ineffective controlling forces (the walls)
- Efficiency contributes to scalable and sustainable growth
- Oversupply exists in almost every major sector
- Software and automation will transform traditional structures into efficient processes, freeing up the user’s time to focus on more valuable activities.
Our name has always been our purpose. We help businesses derive maximum yield from their existing resources to boost efficiencies, cut out waste and ultimately drive revenue. We will never build a product that strays from this purpose.
Working at Yieldr
When you sign on with Yieldr you’re not only embarking on a new career endeavor, you’re becoming a part of a family. We’re a close-knit group that knows each other by name and often connects beyond the walls of the office. We believe the personal relationships we forge helps us perform better, work more efficiently and have more fun while doing so.
Yieldr is a place where you can step in, make an immediate impact and shoulder responsibility from day one. You’ll be provided a platform free from bureaucratic red tape where you can accelerate your skills and growth to the next level.
As a matter of fact, growth is something we pride ourselves in. We not only give all of our team members the physical tools to achieve, we also empower Yieldrs to continually learn both new soft and hard skills through education and knowledge initiatives.
If you enjoying taking on responsibility, are a habitual learner and have a desire to become a part of something great, then Yieldr is the place for you.
How to Apply
Include a link to a strong portfolio that showcases your work, provides detail of your role on projects and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed from requirements through design delivery in order to be considered.
*Note to recruiting companies: Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.