Are you someone who finds joy in helping teams achieve their potential? Are you obsessed with making things better and continuously improving your environment? Do you want to have an impact on a growing startup’s development and corporate culture?
We are looking for a smart, friendly person, with a “get things done” attitude, to help our engineering teams perform at their highest level. Our ideal candidate has high energy, is resourceful, and has the emotional maturity required to thrive in a startup environment. The Project Manager will constantly be working closely with members of various teams and departments as part of a collaborative atmosphere, so any previous cross-functional or team-oriented leadership will serve well in this role. With this hire, we are thrilled to double the size of our Agile Project Management team and welcome in a fresh perspective into the way we run our processes!
Yesware is committed to developing a culture that embraces diversity and fosters inclusivity. We do this not only because it makes us stronger both as individuals and as a business, but because it is the right thing to do. We know that diversity comes in many forms, so we welcome employees from all walks of life to bring their differing experiences and perspectives to Yesware. Together, we can build an environment where every single member of our team can bring their authentic self to work, be heard, and work toward achieving their professional potential.
In this role you will:
- Act as an Agile Project Manager for multiple Engineering teams, guiding them toward productivity, goal attainment, and continuous improvement
- Liaise among Engineering, Product Management, and Product Design departments to help ensure alignment, collaborating closely with key stakeholders
- Reduce friction and impediments, making sure Engineers have what they need to get their job done in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion
- Manage various projects for technical areas of the business
- Lead by example in following all Yesware and Engineering processes
- Facilitate meetings, maintaining clear and concise documentation as needed
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Certification/training as a Scrum Master or comparable experience strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
- The ability to self-prioritize tasks
- The versatility to work well with many different personality types
- The capacity to have difficult conversations, push back, and say “no” when needed
- Experience with Agile development teams (Scrum, Kanban, etc) is a plus but not required
- Prior experience at a SaaS or startup company is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with JIRA is a plus but not required
About Yesware and our culture:
Yesware is a team of smart, ambitious, kind people working together to empower each other and our customers. We build, market, and sell a one-of-a-kind sales platform that helps salespeople sell smarter, right from their inbox.
You can find us on the top floor of our building, conveniently located in downtown Boston. We offer competitive compensation comprised of salary, equity and bonuses. We also offer a growing list of benefits: health, dental, 401(k), life insurance, flexible spending account, as well as gym and public transportation reimbursement. Don't worry about vacation, you can take it when you need it. Additional perks include weekly wellness classes, professional coaching, free daily catered lunch, and a ride home with Lyft when you need it.
We are proud to be venture-backed by investors including the Foundry Group, Battery Ventures, and Google Ventures. Our customers range from young startups of all sizes, to some of the biggest names in business, like Yelp, Acquia, Groupon, Zendesk, and many more. We live out our core values everyday in a mission to serve our customers and to make Yesware the best place we’ve ever worked.