If you are an experienced Product Designer with strong UI/UX skills and research skills, a passion for solving real world problems, and the desire to work at a fast paced, outcome oriented startup, we want to talk to you!
As a Senior Product Designer at Yesware, you will work on every part of the design process, from research (frequently talking to several customers per week), prototyping, and final visual design. You will be tasked with owning the entire design cycle from conception to launch. You'll design new features and improve existing ones to create simple yet powerful user experiences that our users never want to live without.
Yesware’s product process is built on the foundation of empowered teams
, where each cross-functional team (Designer, Product Manager, Engineers) has an outcome that it’s aiming to achieve and engages in ongoing discovery and experimentation to achieve that outcome (versus being prescribed a pre-defined solution and executing on it).
The Yesware Design Team, specifically, is a tight knit group that is autonomous yet collaborative. The team strives for high quality designs and seeks to continuously improve their craft. The Design Team has twice weekly critique sessions to stay in sync on in-progress work and provide constructive feedback to one another. For the right candidate, informal or formal leadership opportunity is available. Yesware is headquartered in Boston, MA but can also consider remote applicants from Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Colorado, and Washington D.C.
- A minimum of 5+ years of working in UI/UX Design for web or mobile applications. Startup experience is a plus.
- Strong interaction design skills – The ability to think through complex landscapes and systems to create straightforward workflows with a focus on ease-of-use and simplicity
- Strong visual design skills – A high personal bar for visual design quality and a keen eye for details; the drive to help us push our visual design standards to be constantly improving as our platform grows; the ability and desire to contribute to a holistic design system and help it continuously evolve
- Experience in conducting user research – You are curious about our core users and their needs and integrate insight from continuous user calls to inform your design decisions
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people and a constantly changing landscape – A self-directed and collaborative working style; the ability to diplomatically explain what does and doesn't make sense from a user experience standpoint;
- An online portfolio, personal website, or PDF that showcases your work
- Leadership experience a plus
- Experience working remotely
In this role you will:
- Lead design projects from hazy conceptual stages all the way to clear, well-defined designs. You are expected to identify pain points, generate ideas quickly, help define requirements, and drive design initiatives that provide measurable value to our customers and business
- Participate in design critique sessions where you challenge your own assumptions and seek feedback early and often; you strive to produce high quality work and provide constructive, thoughtful feedback to your colleagues
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions that bring Product, Engineering, and business stakeholders into the design ideation process
- Work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to explore and validate opportunities, assumptions and solutions to identify what’s worth pursuing and what isn’t, and gain insights into user wants and needs
- Use customer feedback and product metrics to make data-driven design decisions
- Create high fidelity designs that align with our brand and design system; collaborate with Engineers and balance user-centered design with technical feasibility
- Contribute to and expand our design system to ensure a cohesive and branded product experience
- Mentor teammates and newer Designers, helping each other mutually grow and evolve
About the Company:
Yesware is a team of smart, ambitious, kind people working together to empower each other and our customers. We build, market, and sell a one-of-a-kind sales platform that helps salespeople sell smarter, right from their inbox.
You can find us on the top floor of our building, conveniently located in downtown Boston. We offer competitive compensation comprised of salary, equity and bonuses. We also offer a growing list of benefits: health, dental, 401(k), life insurance, unlimited vacation days, flexible spending account, as well as gym and public transportation reimbursement. Additional perks include weekly yoga and meditation classes, a fully stocked kitchen, free daily catered lunch, and a ride home with Lyft when you need it.
We are proud to be venture-backed by investors including the Foundry Group, Battery Ventures, and Google Ventures. Our customers range from young startups of all sizes, to some of the biggest names in business, like Yelp, Acquia, Groupon, Zendesk, and many more. We live out our core values every single day in a mission to serve our customers and to make Yesware the best place we’ve ever worked.
Yesware is committed to developing a culture that embraces diversity and fosters inclusivity. We do this because it makes us stronger as individuals, as a business and it is simply the right thing to do. We know that diversity comes in many forms, so we welcome employees from all walks of life to bring their differing experiences and perspectives to Yesware. Together, we can build an environment where every member of our team can bring their authentic self to work, be heard, and work toward achieving their professional potential.