Yesware is seeking a seasoned finance leader as we continue to scale our team. This person will be responsible for leading and growing the finance team as we continue to develop and launch the next generation of Yesware products. This position reports directly to the CEO and is a key member of our talented, focused, and passionate Executive Team.
- Yesware is one of the leaders in the emerging Sales Engagement space which is still in its infancy but projected to be very large.
- Yesware is working closely with Microsoft to release a new version of Yesware for Outlook that will unlock a very large market opportunity. (Outlook represents 80% of the corporate email market but only 10% of Yesware revenue.)
- Yesware is sitting on a goldmine of data for training machine learning algorithms, seeing over 1B emails per year across hundreds of millions of recipients.
- Yesware has a seasoned management team with a strong track record.
- The company is backed by top-tier investors including Battery Ventures, Google Ventures, and Foundry Group.
- You will direct all aspects of our accounting and finance operations. You’ll oversee all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Using accepted SaaS metrics, you will forecast, model, and analyze the company's financial results with respect to profits, costs, trends, and compliance with budgets.
- You will create regular and ad hoc financial reports for senior management and stakeholders.
- You will provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support the company’s growth needs and will coordinate all relationships with external financial institutions.
- You will maintain and enhance all necessary accounting policies and systems. You’ll ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- You will assist senior management with financial planning, risk, and results management.
- You’ll work with other executives to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking them.
- You’ll coordinate, prepare, and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- You’ll coordinate tax schedules, returns, and annual audits.
- You will manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal and state taxes.
- You’ll attract, hire, train, mentor, and lead team members to achieve their personal best and do your utmost to make sure that Yesware is the highlight of team member’s professional lives.
- ou will also manage and interact with Yesware’s outside legal counsel.
- You will participate as a key member of the executive team in all manner of company decision-making and execution. You’ll effectively work with all other areas of the company.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years leading finance organizations through exponential growth.
- Extensive experience working in a start-up environment with a B2B or B2C2B SaaS-based model.
- Recent experience successfully scaling a finance operation to at least $20 million in annual revenues.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills and a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Appreciation for an open office environment with yoga and meditation classes, a nap room, and company lunches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Our VP of Finance will be a person who lives to build a great team and a great company - someone who loves teamwork and winning but would not sacrifice their integrity for those things.
- Others see you as analytical, transparent, intelligent, honest, confident, creative, passionate, and someone who possesses a strong ability to get things done. You’ve been described as a self-starter, focused, respectful, mature, responsive, curious, intelligent, creative, and entrepreneurial, with great follow-through and attention to detail.
- You are a finance leader with outstanding operational, growth, and scaling skills.
- You are able to act independently to get the right things done.
- You are intrinsically motivated to do great things with your life, and to help others do the same.
- You exhibit personality, character, and presence without arrogance.
- You must be highly credible both internally with the team and externally with customers.
Yesware is committed to developing a culture that embraces diversity and fosters inclusivity. We do this because it makes us stronger as individuals, as a business and it is simply the right thing to do. We know that diversity comes in many forms, so we welcome employees from all walks of life to bring their differing experiences and perspectives to Yesware. Together, we can build an environment where every member of our team can bring their authentic self to work, be heard, and work toward achieving their professional potential.