Yesware helps our users spread the adoption of new ideas, person to person. We build innovative software that follows salespeople through their day, enhancing their productivity, helping them be more authentic, and delivering data-driven recommendations that help them win business. We are building out a Site Reliability function to enhance our talented development org.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Yesware, you will increase our product value by ensuring an available and performant production system. Our ideal candidate possesses a self-starter mentality and enjoys autonomy. We want to hand over the reigns and have you lead us forward. As part of the team, you will collaborate with other engineers to establish and maintain best practices, respond to operational issues as they arise, and contribute to the monitoring and performance of our system overall. This role provides ample opportunity to apply previous experience, develop new skills, and be a part of a growing company.
- Challenge us to find more efficient ways to meet our customers’ expectations before they experience bottlenecks, increasing customer satisfaction and retention through improved performance
- Support and scale our infrastructure for our large, cloud-hosted SaaS platform
- Monitor our production system, take action when issues arise, and work to reduce error rates
- Create and maintain monitoring dashboards and actionable alerts
- Automate as much as possible
- Manage and partner with critical vendors
- Experience working with a large, high-scale web application (well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms, etc.)
- Experience in Ruby, Python, Java, or similar environments
- Experience with software development in a Unix-based environment
- Experience with APM tools, log management tools, and time-series metric systems, with a strong history of leveraging those to create a robust alert system for production issues
- Excellent software development habits (object-oriented design, unit testing, integration testing, data structures, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Emotional maturity and adaptability
- Familiarity with database technologies and concepts
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Experience managing a deployment and runtime platform for a system handling many billions of monthly transactions
About the Company:
Yesware is a team of smart, ambitious, kind people working together to empower each other and our customers. We build, market, and sell a one-of-a-kind sales platform that helps salespeople sell smarter, right from their inbox.
You can find us on the top floor of our building, conveniently located in downtown Boston. We offer competitive compensation comprised of salary, equity and bonuses. We also offer a growing list of benefits: health, dental, 401(k), life insurance, unlimited vacation days, flexible spending account, as well as gym and public transportation reimbursement. Additional perks include weekly yoga and meditation classes, a fully stocked kitchen, free daily catered lunch, and a ride home with Lyft when you need it.
We are proud to be venture-backed by investors including the Foundry Group, Battery Ventures, and Google Ventures. Our customers range from young startups of all sizes, to some of the biggest names in business, like Yelp, Acquia, Groupon, Zendesk, and many more. We live out our core values every single day in a mission to serve our customers and to make Yesware the best place we’ve ever worked.
Yesware is committed to developing a culture that embraces diversity and fosters inclusivity. We do this because it makes us stronger as individuals, as a business and it is simply the right thing to do. We know that diversity comes in many forms, so we welcome employees from all walks of life to bring their differing experiences and perspectives to Yesware. Together, we can build an environment where every member of our team can bring their authentic self to work, be heard, and work toward achieving their professional potential.